Uppingham 13+ Interview Questions
Eleven-Plus Preparation Specialists
Overall Guide to Uppingham
Uppingham School prides itself on its rich history and strong tradition of providing an exceptional education. Founded in 1584, Uppingham has built a reputation for academic excellence and unparalleled pastoral care.
The school is dedicated to holistic education, with a curriculum that stimulates intellectual curiosity, encourages critical thinking, and fosters a love for learning. With a wide array of subjects to choose from, students are not just academically prepared but also given the necessary tools to face real-world challenges.
Uppingham is not just about academics. It boasts an impressive range of co-curricular activities, including sports, music, drama, and community service. Every student is encouraged to explore their passions, cultivate new skills, and broaden their horizons.
At Uppingham, pastoral care goes beyond just ensuring the students’ well-being. The school takes pride in its strong sense of community, where every individual is known, valued, and supported. With its excellent boarding facilities, Uppingham ensures a home away from home for its students.
For the 11+ applicant, Uppingham offers an environment that fosters intellectual growth, nurtures individuality, and inspires lifelong learning.
11+ Interview Question Bank
150+ Interview Questions & Example Answers. Tips from 11+ Interviewers
Interview Practice & Mock Interviews
One to One Support With An 11+ Interview Specialist. Build Confidence & Practice Mock Interviews
11+ Interview Resources & Articles
Past Interview Questions & Example Answers From Leading Grammar & Independent Schools
Uppingham Ranking & Results
Uppingham ranks 46th amongst the UK’s boarding schools, with 62.5% of A Levels being A* or A grades.
What is the admission process at Uppingham?
Pupils will need to sit the Common Entrance with 55% at least, or Uppingham’s own tests across Maths and English. The non-CE papers are accompanied by an interview with the Deputy Head Academic.
11+ Interview Services
Tailor and optimise your child’s 11+ Interview Preparation with our 1-1 Eleven-Plus Preparation Specialists or prepare in your own time with our 11+ Online Interview Question Bank
What kind of 13+ Interview questions are asked at Uppingham?
Hobbies and Interests
- Can you share with us a hobby that you have and what you enjoy about it?
- What do you do when you have some free time at school?
- Have you participated in a competition or showcase for one of your hobbies?
- How have your interests and hobbies evolved over the years?
- How would you introduce a friend to your favourite hobby?
- What have you learned from your hobbies?
- Are there any new hobbies you are interested in exploring?
- How does your hobby influence your daily life?
- Have your hobbies led to any significant achievements?
- How would you incorporate your hobby into school life at Uppingham?
Readiness to Engage with what Uppingham Offers
- What have you heard about Uppingham that has made you interested in attending this school?
- Are there any specific clubs, societies or activities at Uppingham that you are excited to join?
- How do you plan to take advantage of Uppingham’s vast co-curricular opportunities?
- Which historical aspects of Uppingham are you most intrigued by?
- Are there any Uppingham traditions you are excited to be a part of?
- How do you see yourself growing in the Uppingham community?
- How would you contribute to our school community?
- What about our school values resonates with you the most?
- What is one thing that you want to achieve during your time at Uppingham?
- Can you tell us about a recent project or assignment that you really enjoyed?
- What is your favourite subject and why do you like it?
- Can you give an example of a problem you had to solve that required you to think creatively?
How do you approach difficult academic tasks?
- What strategies do you use when you don’t understand something?
- How have you incorporated feedback from teachers to improve your academic work?
- Can you talk about a time when you struggled with a concept or assignment? How did you overcome it?
- How do you organise your time to manage schoolwork and hobbies?
- Can you describe a time when you had to do something challenging on your own?
- How do you handle making decisions? Can you give an example?
- Can you tell us about a time when you managed a disagreement with a friend by yourself?
- Have you ever had to advocate for yourself? What was the situation and how did you handle it?
- How do you handle homesickness or feeling lonely?
- Can you describe a situation where you had to manage your time effectively?
- How would you handle a situation where you had to choose between a school commitment and a personal commitment?
- Can you share a situation where you made a mistake and had to take responsibility for it?
Private 11+ Tuition
Articles & Resources