University of Washington Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Washington Dentistry Key Information
UWSOD provides the following overview information for applicants:
The majority of students who are given a place will be Washington residents (85% to 90%). The remaining will be from WICHE states (Alaska, Arizona, Hawaii, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota and Wyoming). You must show a sustained commitment to community service in order to be successful. You must likewise show a demonstrated effort towards increasing your knowledge of the dental profession through shadowing and related experiences.
University of Washington Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Washington Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Where do you see dentistry going in 10 years? What can dentists do to improve this, granted your answer is negative?
- If you were in charge of public health, what changes would you make?
- What community service have you done?
- How did you prepare for the DAT?
- How would you compare the health care systems in the US and Canada?
- Tell me about yourself and how you developed an interest in dentistry.
- Why do you think dental services are inaccessible to certain groups?
- What is your opinion on universal healthcare?
- Tell me about your shadowing experiences. What would you change about how those offices were run?
- If you owned a busy practice and were looking to bring in an associate, what qualities would you look for in that person?
- What do you want us to know about you that’s not in your application?
- Are you interested in rural dentistry?
- Do you have research experience?
- How can you contribute to the art of dentistry?
- How will dentistry satisfy your creative side?
- If you were accepted to another dental school, would you go or reapply here next year?
- On a scale from 1-10, where would you rate your dentistry knowledge?
- Describe your experience with dentistry.
- Do you want to specialize?
- We are your advocates to the Admissions Committee…how does your career translate to dentistry?
- While in dental school a friend tells you they never took one of the pre-requisite courses but still got in, what would you do?
- What non-dental related community service have you done since graduating?
- Tell us about yourself.
- What was the moment in your education/ life that made you decide dentistry?
- Describe your ideal practice ten years from now.
- Tell us more about yourself and end off with why you want to be a dentist.
- Why do you want to go to UW?
- Tell me about the defining moment you decided on dentistry. One, not a series of events.
- Describe the process of you deciding on pursuing a career in dentistry.
- What are the weaknesses and strengths of dentistry?
- What was the most challenging event in your life?
- What got you interested in dentistry as a profession?
- How would you define professionalism?
- Define and exemplify ethics.
- If you found out in your 3rd year that your best friend never took one prerequisite course for dental admissions, what would you do?
- Say someone looked online at some faulty information regarding X Rays and Fluoride, and refused to be treated with them. How would you treat this patient?
- What type of leadership experience do you have?
- How do you show qualities of leadership?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.