University of Utah Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Utah Dentistry Key Information
Utah considers applications holistically (i.e. they look at the whole person). They consider the following objective criteria: your DAT score, GPA, and grades attained in sciences. They look for the following subjective criteria: undergraduate research experience, the quality of your pre-professional education (i.e. college attended), community service, volunteering work, and leadership activities.
Interview invitations are sent via email and further information is provided to applicants who are invited – typically, interviews are one-on-one and open file. Applicants are contacted to arrange interviews in the Fall.
University of Utah Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Utah Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- What are you good at that is relevant to Dentistry?
- Tell us about yourself.
- What is the hardest question that you’ve faced in other interviews? Please answer it.
- Have you shadowed over the past year?
- Why have you not shadowed over the past year / why have you not shadowed more in general?
- Why are you interested in studying Dentistry at Utah?
- Why are you interested in studying Dentistry?
- Why wouldn’t you choose to study at your home state school?
- How did you study for the DAT?
- What is one of your biggest weaknesses. Can you be a great dentist despite it?
- What subjects did you struggle with most in your undergrad?
- How does tuition here compare to your previous university? What impact do you think that this will have on your studies?
- Why did you go on a Mission Trip, what was it like, and has it in any way altered your desire to become a dentist?
- While you were shadowing, did you notice anything that had a negative impact on you that wasn’t related to dental procedures?
- What will be the most challenging thing about going to Dental School?
- Why are you interested in becoming a dentist?
- What attributes do you have that suit being a dentist?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years’ time?
- Tell us something interesting about yourself that isn’t in your application.
- What do you think is the most challenging thing about dental assisting?
- Tell us about a podcast that you currently listen to, and one learning that you can apply from it to Dentistry.
- Have you contacted any students from the school to understand what studying here is like?
- Talk us through your application.
- What do you think are the benefits, and disadvantages, of studying Dentistry at a smaller school?
- Has there ever been a time where you experienced a ethically difficult situation and how did you handle it?
- What specific underserved and less fortunate populations are you hoping to help?
- Why were you in a fraternity at your previous college? All I know about fraternities is what I see on the news. Are they ethically a positive force?
- If you could bring about one positive change to the wider world, what would it be and why?
- What is the largest ethical dilemma in Dentistry at the moment?
- What extracurricular activities are you interested in becoming involved in here?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.