University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio Dentistry Key Information
Approximately 1000 applicants are selected for interview each application cycle. Applications are reviewed from July onwards.
The school will look at your DAT breakdown, with particular emphasis on your Biology, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry scores. They will then check your course loads, college attended and timeframe of study, before looking into further academic background. Your work experience as well as personal accomplishment and community involvement is of importance, as is your evidence of commitment to dentistry.
Interviews will focus on motivation, unique qualities, interests and your submitted materials. You should know about the field, and also understand why UT Health San Antonio is right for you. All applicants who are invited to interview must complete the Standard One-Way Video Interview.
The virtual interview process then takes place in the following manner:
- Held on Fridays
- The day begins at 8:45 am and ends by 1:30 pm
- You will learn about the curriculum, match success, & student support
- You will have two 30 minute interviews (Typically with a faculty & 4th year medical student)
- Interviews are traditional format
- Interviews are open file
- Interviews are conducted virtually
- There is also student interaction throughout the day and a virtual campus tour.
University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio Dentistry Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- If you like helping people, why not just be a social worker?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your weak point?
- What is your best trait?
- What is one thing that surprised you when you were shadowing?
- What kind of books do you read?
- Do you think you have what it takes to succeed in your dental education?
- What are the qualities necessary to be a good dentist?
- What differences do you find in dental practice in your home country and here?
- What do you want to do with your DDS license?
- Can you explain the leadership positions you listed?
- Why did you choose your undergrad?
- Why San Antonio?
- What do you bring to the field of dentistry?
- What are some extracurriculars you’ve done?
- Tell me about your work experience and why have you worked for so many dentists.
- Describe one of your strengths.
- What is the most significant thing that has impacted your life?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about current events in dentistry?
- How will you handle the high volume of study materials and stress in dental school?
- How might health reforms affect dentists?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- Tell me about your volunteer experiences.
- What are some of the current issues facing dentistry?
- What do you know about access to care in the US?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Do you have plans to specialize?
- What are your opinions about the Affordable Health Care Act’s impact on dental care?
- What do you know about UTHSCSA?
- How did you prepare for the interview?
- What shadowing experience do you have?
- What area of dentistry do you want to specialize in?
- Why dentistry other than medical or pharmacy school?
- Tell me about your academic background and explain the gaps in your education.
- Tell me about an ethical problem that you ran into and how it was handled.
- How do you handle conflict?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.