University of Southern California School of Pharmacy Interview Questions
Pharmacy Application & Interview Preparation Specialists
The University of Southern California School of Pharmacy, located in the heart of Los Angeles, offers a PharmD program known for its unique emphasis on interprofessional, collaborative practice. With an unparalleled array of healthcare institutions, USC provides innovative clinical experiences to their students. The program is dedicated to experiential learning and boasts a comprehensive, 12-month clinical rotation in the final year, setting it apart from many other institutions. USC’s School of Pharmacy is also renowned for its ground-breaking research, offering students ample opportunities to participate in diverse projects. Being home to leading research centres, such as the International Centre for Regulatory Science and the Leonard D. Schaeffer Centre for Health Policy and Economics, the school is able to integrate cutting-edge policy and regulatory education into the curriculum.
University of Southern California School of Pharmacy Interview Format
Interviews are conducted both on campus (in-person) at USC School of Pharmacy, and online. Out-of-state and international applicants can choose the virtual interview option. The interview is made up of a traditional two-on-one panel interview, followed by a real-life scenario. The panel interview will include one faculty member or alumni, and a current student. After the panel interview, you will then be provided with a real-life scenario to discuss.
Pharmacy Application Support
One to One Support With A Pharmacy Specialist. Optimise Your Preparation; Secure Your First Choice Place.
Resources & Articles
Tips, Techniques & Insight from Pharmacy Interviewers & Practising Pharmacists.
University of Southern California School of Pharmacy Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Interview Focal Points
Focal points of the interview are communication, leadership ability, interpersonal interactions, critical thinking and ethical decision-making.
Pharmacy Application Services
Tailor and optimise your Pharmacy Application with our 1-1 Specialists or prepare in your own time with our Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
University of Southern California School of Pharmacy Past Interview Questions
- Can you provide an example of when you had to communicate complex information effectively?
- How would you deal with a situation where a patient didn’t understand their medication instructions?
- Describe a situation where you had to negotiate with someone to reach a resolution.
- How have you used your communication skills to build relationships in a team?
- Tell me about a time when you had to explain something complicated to a friend or peer.
- Can you discuss a time when you had to step into a leadership role?
- How do you motivate others to achieve a common goal?
- Describe a situation where you had to make a difficult decision as a leader.
- What do you think are the key qualities of a good leader?
- How do you handle conflicts within a team you’re leading?
- Can you share an example of when you helped someone else achieve their goal?
- How do you handle criticism from others?
- Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you didn’t get along with.
- Describe a situation where you had to adapt your behaviour to work effectively with others.
- How would you respond if a patient was upset or angry about a medication error?
- Can you provide an example of a time when you solved a complex problem?
- How do you approach decision-making when under pressure?
- Describe a situation where you had to analyse data or information to make an informed decision.
- Can you discuss a time when you had to think creatively to solve a problem?
- How do you evaluate the success of your decisions?
- Can you share a situation where you had to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions?
- Tell me about a time when you had to use strategic thinking to address a problem.
- How do you assess the validity and reliability of information in making decisions?
- Can you describe a situation where you had to make a decision without all the necessary information?
- Can you share an example of a difficult ethical decision you’ve had to make?
- How do you handle situations where you’re asked to do something that goes against your ethical beliefs?
- Describe a situation where you witnessed unethical behaviour. How did you respond?
- How would you approach a situation where a colleague was acting unprofessionally?
- Can you discuss a time when you had to balance the needs of a patient against the policies of your workplace?
- How will you ensure your decisions align with your personal and professional ethical standards?
- Describe a situation where you had to advocate for your patient in the face of conflicting interests.
- Can you share a situation where you were faced with an ethical dilemma related to patient confidentiality?
Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
Articles & Resources