University of Pittsburgh Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Pittsburgh Dentistry Key Information
Pittsburgh’s four year program prepares students for all areas of competence required of general dental practitioners. They are notably focused on professionalism, lifelong learning, and the synthesis and intersection of clinical and biomedical science concepts. Applicants should show personal exposure to the field of dentistry, maturity, integrity and a high degree of motivation.
Interviews are held using a virtual format; specifics are conveyed to students via email. Most interviews take place during the fall term.
University of Pittsburgh Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Pittsburgh Dentistry Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Why do you want to go to Pitt?
- What have you done with yourself over the past year?
- Do you know what this profession is about?
- Tell me about yourself and how it relates to your interest in dentistry.
- Which dentist that you have shadowed influenced you the most?
- What are the three most pressing issues in dentistry right now?
- What will you do if you don’t get in this cycle?
- What type of specific outreach programs would you like to develop at Pitt?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- What are some of the most challenging techniques in dentistry?
- What makes dentistry an appealing profession to you?
- Why dentistry over any other health profession?
- Where do you see yourself after you graduate?
- What do you want to do with your dentistry degree?
- Explain your dental volunteer experience.
- How do I judge your commitment to dentistry?
- What sets you apart from other applicants?
- How did you like your research work?
- What will being a dentist give to you?
- What made you want to be a dentist?
- If you had a 100 billion dollars, what would you do for work?
- How were the private practices run, that you observed?
- What will you give to dentistry?
- What do you know about histology?
- Can you explain your interest in dentistry aside from shadowing?
- What other schools have you interviewed at?
- Can you see yourself specializing after dental school? If so, what field would you choose?
- Why not medicine?
- Would you try to maintain the same GPA you have as an undergrad in dental school?
- Why not pharmacy?
- What would you do if you didn’t get into any dental schools this year?
- What do you like about being a dentist?
- Do you plan to do social work?
- Do you want to specialize?
- Have you had any overseas experience?
- What was your favorite science class?
- Are you planning on doing research?
- Where do you see dentistry in 2025 and where do you see yourself?
- Tell me why you’re interested in dentistry?
- How did you get interested in dentistry and is this why you want to pursue a career in dentistry?
- Why did you shadow at four different dental offices? Why not just one for longer?
- Tell me about yourself.
- How would your obituary read?
- Convince me of your dedication to dentistry.
- What is a fear or doubt you have about dental school and/or the dental profession?
- You’ve shadowed a lot of different dentists, tell us about that.
- What do you think about the increasing demands of the cosmetic procedures that people now want?
- Give us an example of your manual dexterity.
- Tell me about a particular time when you faced a challenge that demonstrated your integrity.
- What do you think about dental ethics?
- In your time working as a dental assistant, have you ever run into any ethical issues, and if so, how did you deal with them?
- Please read this article on dental ethics and comment on it.
- What experiences have helped you to develop people skills?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.