University of Nebraska Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Nebraska Dentistry Key Information
UNMC has no minimum grade point or DAT score, although all students considered for admission must be ‘academically prepared.’ Beyond this, key abilities and attributes include intellectual capability and stability, social and perceptual skills, and the physical capability to observe and communicate throughout the rigorous curriculum. Additionally, you will need to show that you have the fine motor skills required of a dentist. The university emphasises hands-on learning, with small class sizes and a great tutor to student ratio.
Interviews are offered by invitation only between May and November. They are open file, on-one-one, and typically take half an hour.
University of Nebraska Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Nebraska Dentistry Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- What are 3 characteristics you think a dentist should have? Which of these do you possess the most?
- Which of these do you possess the least? What is a professional characteristic that would not be good for a dentist?
- Where do you see yourself practicing in ten years?
- Even if we assume you are qualified for admission, we have many applicants who share your qualifications. Why should we accept them over you?
- How are you involved in college outside of your classes?
- How many dental schools have you applied to and why?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why Nebraska?
- Tell us about your research.
- Who have you talked to to learn about the difficulty level of dental school?
- What was the worst grade you got in undergrad and why?
- Your gpa isn’t really that great, why do you think we should consider you?
- What attributes do you have that will make you a good dentist?
- Why do you think you can “hack it” in dental school?
- What is one challenge in undergrad that you learned to overcome?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- What are your hobbies and how will they help you in Dentistry?
- What are 3 traits that you have that will make you a good dentist?
- What areas of Dentistry are you interested in?
- How did you study for the DAT? Explain your grades to us.
- Why do you think you’ll be a successful dental student?
- What is one weakness that would hinder your performance as a dentist?
- What is the last time you got in trouble and what does it say about your character?
- Tell us about volunteering and coaching that you have done.
- Why are you interested in studying Dentistry here?
- What do you look for in a dental school?
- Tell me about yourself and why you’re interested in dentistry.
- What are three attributes that will help you as a dentist, and one bad trait?
- What is one of your proudest accomplishments?
- What’s your worst quality and how will you be a good dentist despite it?
- What was the hardest class you took in undergrad, and how was it relevant to Dentistry?
- How do you learn/study? What will be the hardest thing for you as a D1 student? What will you do if you are at risk of failing a course in dental school?
- Tell us about your experiences with shadowing and why you think that things in dentistry are the way they are.
- What musical instruments do you play? How has this helped your manual dexterity?
- Your 5 year old patient has severe dental decay that needs treatment. Her mother does not believe you and will not allow you to treat her daughter. What do you do?
- You are the Hospital Director of a hospital that does not have enough money to stay afloat. A cigarette company will fund everything you need/want as long as you advertise for them. Your only other option is to risk a hostile takeover. What do you do? What are your obligations to your patients? What are your obligations to your shareholders?
- If you caught someone cheating on a test, what would you do?
- Your 70 year old grandfather will die within 5 years if he does not get a procedure. The procedure he needs has a 10% mortality rate and your mother does not want him to have the operation. What do you say to her? Is there a way everyone can get their way?
- It says on your application that you once were a car salesman, I’m in the market for a car…how do I negotiate a good deal?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.