University of Missouri Kansas City Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Missouri Dentistry Key Information
UKMC looks for the following criteria when judging applicants at interview:
- That they have demonstrated investigation of the profession of dentistry.
- There must be evidence of active and on-going social conscience and compassion.
- An indication of fundamental personal character.
- Evidence of critical thinking/problem solving.
- Established and effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- A clear and demonstrated ability to balance full academic schedules with extracurricular involvement or employment.
University of Missouri Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Missouri Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why dentistry?
- If you had an opportunity to talk with the Dental Student Admission Committee, what would you want them to know about you?
- What was the single most important experience that you have had that has led you to pursuing dentistry as your profession of choice?
- Would you practice in a rural setting?
- Why did you apply?
- What has academically prepared you for dental school and how will you handle the curriculum?
- If you didn’t get in, what would you do?
- Why did you apply to this school? How did you hear about us?
- What made you interested in Dentistry?
- What do you dislike about dentistry?
- What has been the most difficult/complex academic/personal task you have ever undertaken? Why was it so, how did you pursue it, and what was the outcome?
- Tell me about your research experiences. What did you do exactly?
- Tell me about your extracurricular activities in Mexico.
- If you were not going into dentistry, what would you do?
- Tell me about a particular service event that impacted you.
- How do you perceive the academics of dental school will be different from your previous academic experiences?
- Why dentistry? What draws you to this profession?
- How do you feel you have displayed discipline and focus in the past?
- How do you know dentistry is for you?
- What qualities do you have that would make you a good dentist?
- If someone had not met you before, how would you describe yourself?
- Have you ever thought about teaching at a dental school (after you finish dental school)?
- What was the spark that lit the fire of you wanting to be a dentist?
- Are you thinking about specializing?
- What do you plan to do over this next year to be better prepared academically to begin dental school?
- What’s the most difficult decision you have had to make? What did you do to deal with it?
- Please define “personal ethics” and “accountability.
- Define personal ethics.
- Define professional ethics.
- Describe to me what you think is an unethical situation in dentistry.
- What was a complex personal situation you dealt with?
- A well-respected dentist in the community asks you to cover his work for a week. You find he is providing unnecessary dental treatment. What would you do?
- Let’s say you found that your father (a practicing dentist) is cheating on some insurance claims. What would you do?
- Give me an example of a time you used critical thinking.
- What does leadership mean to you?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.