University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy Interview Questions
Pharmacy Application & Interview Preparation Specialists
The University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy offers a Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program that combines rigorous academic coursework with hands-on experiential learning, emphasising patient-centred care, evidence-based practice, and interprofessional collaboration. Students engage in a variety of practice settings through Introductory and Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experiences, fostering real-world skills and competence. The program aims to prepare graduates for diverse roles within the pharmacy profession, promoting innovation, leadership, and a commitment to lifelong learning.
University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy Interview Format
The University of Kentucky uses an MMI format. Each station lasts 8 minutes, with 2 minutes between stations. They are held online, in a virtual format.
Pharmacy Application Support
One to One Support With A Pharmacy Specialist. Optimise Your Preparation; Secure Your First Choice Place.
Resources & Articles
Tips, Techniques & Insight from Pharmacy Interviewers & Practising Pharmacists.
University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Interview Focal Points
The MMI focuses on soft skills, ‘from communication skills to critical thinking.’ You should also expect some ethical situations and a team task.
Pharmacy Application Services
Tailor and optimise your Pharmacy Application with our 1-1 Specialists or prepare in your own time with our Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy Past Interview Questions
- You discover a fellow student cheating on an exam. How do you handle the situation?
- A patient refuses a medication you know is crucial for their health. How do you approach this situation?
- You disagree with a senior pharmacist’s decision regarding a patient’s medication. What steps do you take?
- You suspect a colleague is impaired by substance abuse while at work. How do you proceed?
- A patient confides in you about a potentially harmful secret. How do you balance patient confidentiality and safety?
- Describe a situation where you had to effectively communicate complex information to someone.
- How do you handle a patient who is not following their prescribed medication regimen?
- How would you explain the importance of medication adherence to a patient?
- Describe a time when you successfully resolved a conflict or misunderstanding with a colleague or peer.
- What strategies do you use to establish rapport and trust with patients?
- How do you approach solving a complex problem in a high-pressure situation?
- You encounter a difficult problem while on rotation. How do you gather information and make an informed decision?
- Describe a situation where you had to make a decision with limited information. What was your thought process?
- How do you keep up with advancements in the pharmacy field and ensure your knowledge remains current?
- A patient presents with an adverse drug reaction. How do you investigate the cause and develop a solution?
- Describe an instance where you demonstrated empathy in a healthcare or personal setting.
- How do you handle stress and maintain a healthy work-life balance?
- How have you demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in your academic or professional life?
- Can you provide an example of when you exhibited strong leadership skills?
- Describe a time when you overcame a significant challenge or obstacle.
Teamwork and Collaboration
- How have you contributed to a successful team project or collaboration?
- Describe a time when you had to work with someone with a different communication style or personality.
- How do you approach working with a team member who is not contributing equally?
- How do you promote a collaborative and inclusive environment in a team setting?
- What is your strategy for resolving conflicts within a team?
Motivation for Pharmacy and Understanding of the Profession:
- Why did you choose to pursue a PharmD at the University of Kentucky College of Pharmacy?
- How do you envision the role of pharmacists evolving in the coming years?
- What are the most pressing challenges facing the pharmacy profession today?
- How do your personal experiences or background influence your motivation for pursuing a career in pharmacy?
- How will you use your PharmD education to address healthcare disparities and improve patient outcomes?
Future Plans and Goals:
- How do you see yourself contributing to the field of pharmacy in the next 10 years?
- What steps will you take to ensure your professional growth and development as a pharmacist?
- How do you plan to stay involved in professional organisations and advocate for the pharmacy profession?
- What specific area of pharmacy practice are you most interested in pursuing after graduation, and why?
- Describe an innovative idea or project you would like to implement in your future pharmacy practice.
- How will you address the evolving needs and expectations of patients in your future practice?
- How do you plan to contribute to public health initiatives and health promotion efforts as a pharmacist?
- In what ways do you hope to impact healthcare policy and regulations as a pharmacy professional?
Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
Articles & Resources