University of Florida Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Florida Dentistry Key Information
The University of Florida provides the following overview on what applicants must show. Firstly, a candidate should have a sufficient level of manual dexterity to execute the fine movements required to provide general dental care. Secondly, they must be able to acquire a defined level of required information as presented through demonstrations and experiences in the basic and dental sciences. Thirdly, they should be able to observe a patient accurately, at a distance and close up, and observe and comprehend non-verbal communications. Looking at communication skills, they must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with patients, academic staff, and co-workers. They must be able to measure, calculate, reason, analyze, integrate,and synthesize information. Lastly, they must have sufficient behavioural and social skills and professionalism to perform didactic, preclinical techniques, laboratory, and clinical procedures at a minimal level of competency, as defined by the college. Likewise, they must be mature with good judgement.
University of Florida Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Florida Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- What would you add to our program?
- If you don’t make it to dental school, what will you do?
- Walk me through the journey to you deciding to become a dentist.
- Why dentistry?
- What would you say makes someone a good dentist
- Be very specific – why dentistry?
- Tell us about your shadowing experience.
- Tell me about your experience of dentistry.
- What do you think about the access to care in Florida?
- Tell us about your volunteering experience.
- What was your favourite shadowing experience?
- What community work have you done?
- What is the role of a dentist in the community?
- Your GPA is lower than many other applicants. How can we convince the admissions committee that you deserve to be admitted to this school?
- Why do you want to be a dentist? Tell me about the experiences you’ve had leading up this decision.
- Of all the things you could do, why pick dentistry?
- Talk to us about your transcript.
- What class will you excel in at dental school?
- Explore with us in more detail why exactly you want to be a dentist.
- Tell me about your research.
- When exactly did you first become interested in dentistry?
- What do you think will be the biggest challenge of dental school?
- What would you do with a whole year off?
- I understand that you conduct research with Dr ____. What is your role in the lab?
- Why dentistry rather than medicine?
- What is the role of a dentist in serving less privileged and underserved populations?
- Why did you do so well on the DAT when your GPA is so average?
- Dentistry is stressful. How do you deal with stress?
- Why not pursue a career in research?
- How do you feel about the fact that most people in Florida can’t afford orthodontics?
- How did you study for the DAT?
- What are you most looking forward to about dental school?
- What traits would an ideal dentist have? Do you have those traits?
- What are you least looking forward to about dental school?
- Walk me through the steps of your favourite dental procedure.
- How will you handle the scientific workload in dental school?
- Why not medicine?
- What characteristics do you have that will serve you well as a dentist?
- What do you dislike the most about dentistry?
- What procedures did you enjoy watching during your shadowing?
- What five characteristics are needed to succeed as a dentist?
- What hospital would you like to do your second year AEGD at?
- Where do you plan on practising in the future?
- Tell me about a memorable experience from your shadowing.
- What do you like least in the dental office?
- How do you define being a professional?
- How will you help Floridians get better access to healthcare?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- What did you see during your shadowing that you didn’t like?
- What do you not like about dentistry?
- What is your idea of success as a dentist?
- What will be the hardest aspect of dental school for you?
- Have you applied to medical school before?
- Why will you be successful in dental school?
- What did you find most interesting during your shadowing?
- Tell us about access to healthcare in the US.
- Where does your passion for dentistry come from?
- What is the most pressing issue in dentistry right now?
- Do you really think you have what it takes to get through dental school?
- How have you worked on your manual dexterity?
- What do you do that shows your manual dexterity?
- Describe your manual dexterity.
- What kinds of things do you do with your hands?
- How have you demonstrated your fine hand-eye coordination skills?
- Tell us something that demonstrates your dexterity.
- Tell us about an ethical problem that you have encountered and how you dealt with it.
- Pretend I am your patient. Choose a procedure, and explain why I would need it and a little about the procedure.
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.