UCLA School of Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
UCLA Dentistry Key Information
UCLA prides itself on academic excellence, its world-renowned faculty, and its diverse student body. They place an emphasis on delivering care in a socially sensitive and responsible manner, leadership and lifelong learning. The Admissions Committee looks at your scholastic record, DAT, PAT, manner in which you achieved your scholastic record, letters of recommendation and finally your interview.
Interviews take place at the school and are typically around half an hour. The interview is open file.
UCLA University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
UCLA University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Why you?
- Why Dentistry?
- Why are you interested in Dentistry?
- Where do you intend to practice after you graduate?
- How did you find your undergraduate?
- What do you do to relax? Will you continue this as a dentist?
- Do you want to specialize?
- Have you visited our dental school before?
- What questions do you have for us about the school?
- Tell us about yourself.
- Tell us about your research.
- Why Dentistry rather than Medicine?
- As you know, dental school is much different than undergrad. It takes a large time commitment. Have you had any time during school where you were really under a lot of pressure with school/work?
- Which other schools have you got into?
- What did you do during your research project and what were your duties?
- Tell me about the most stressful quarter you had in college.
- Tell us how long you’ve wanted to be a dentist.
- Have you read any books that have informed you about Dentistry?
- Why UCLA?
- How did you become interested in Dentistry?
- Have you got relatives that are dentists? Tell us about their practice.
- How do you use technology for remote clinics?
- What have you learned from your thesis?
- What is the biggest problem facing Dentistry today?
- This is an illegal question and you don’t have to answer it if you don’t want to: are you going to choose UCLA Dental School over the other schools?
- In twenty or thirty years, what do you think will be the major issues facing dentistry? How do you propose to help resolve them?
- How does your major relate to Dentistry?
- Why not Vet Med?
- Why haven’t you done more research?
- What can you offer the university?
- Tell us about yourself and how you suit Dentistry.
- Would you like to teach at dental school in the future?
- Where will you be in 10 years?
- Would you be able to change your study habits to ensure that you could keep up with the pace and difficulty of the UCLA curriculum?
- Tell us about your lowest grades and why you received them. Will you be able to do better than that here?
- Tell us in detail about your experience of research so far.
- Who is the most influential person in your life, excluding family members?
- We see that you have taken classes on statistics. How does statistics apply to Dentistry?
- Why did you not consider going into Medicine?
- Did you consider going into Medicine, and if so why have you chosen Dentistry?
- Dental school requires you to be selfish. You need to succeed to put yourself in a position to do well later on and provide for your family. There will be times when you have to put yourself before your family during dental school. How do you feel about this statement?
- Name some things you can do which can positively change dentistry and public awareness of dentistry.
- How will you improve healthcare in the US?
- Do you find that you are a strong leader?
- Dentistry is a very social career, what do you think about that? Will you thrive in a social environment?
- How would you describe the relationships that you have with patients at the moment in your work or work experience?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.