Trinity College Nursing Questions
Advice & Insight From Nursing Interview Specialists
General Interview Information at Trinity College of Nursing
Trinity College of Nursing and Health Sciences offers both an accelerated BSN and a standard BSN. The accelerated BSN is open to graduates, who must offer a baccalaureate or higher degree in a non-nursing discipline, along with a minimum Degree GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. The following prerequisite general education courses should be completed with a C or above:
Anatomy and Physiology I • Anatomy and Physiology II • Microbiology • Advanced Science with lab • Human Growth and Development • Statistics •
You will also need to submit a personal essay addressing your professional attributes, your ability to manage an accelerated curriculum and your career goals.
The standard BSN or BSN Basic is a two year program that is designed for students who have completed high school. It combines in-class and online instruction.
Upon graduation from either course you may apply for licensure from the National Council for Registered Nurses.
Trinity College recommends that all applicants across its healthcare programs are interviewed. You should expect a traditional interview format, i.e. an interview by one member of the faculty, or a panel interview with two members of the faculty, or a member of the faculty assisted by a practising nurse or a nursing student.
MMI Question Bank
Past Interview Questions
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback, Taught By University Interviewers & Interview Specialists.
The first application deadline is November 1st. Early decision recipients will be notified on December 20th. There is then an ongoing rolling deadline, with rolling decisions, from December 20th to the first of August.
Sample & Recent Interview Questions
As a school that provides only healthcare training, you should expect an interview focused on your knowledge of the Nursing profession and your motivation into the profession, rather than an interview made up of more generalist questions.
Motivation and Insight into Nursing
- Please tell me more about this particular part of your application.
- Why do you want to be a nurse?
- Why do you want to be a nurse rather than a doctor or dentist?
- Why do you want to be a nurse rather than a physician assistant?
- Is there a particular area of Nursing that you find interesting? Could you see yourself specialising in that area in the future?
- Can you explain the difference between Medicaid and Medicare?
- Do you think that the healthcare system in the US is fair to our citizens?
- What aspect of Nursing do you think will be most interesting to study?
- What are you most looking forward to about becoming a nurse?
- What do you think will be the most challenging parts of being a nurse?
- Please provide me with three attributes that a good nurse needs, and then outline how you demonstrate each of these attributes in turn.
- What do you think are three of the most important issues facing healthcare in America at the moment? Do you think that Nursing as a profession is equipped to deal with these issues?
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
- Does scientific research interest you? Can you see yourself becoming involved in research during your time as a nurse?
- Are you interested in further education after your bachelor’s degree? You could study for a doctorate, for example.
- How do you think that the role of a nurse has changed in America over the last few decades?
- How do you expect Nursing to change in the next few decades? Do you think it will be a very different profession?
- Please describe three of the greatest challenges to public health across the globe, other than COVID-19.
- What do you know about COVID-19? How do you think that it has affected the Nursing profession?
- What do you know about the history of nursing in the USA?
- Please describe how nurses in the US are regulated.
- What work experience have you organised?
- How did you organise your work experience or charity work? Was it difficult to do?
- What has surprised you so far during your work experience or during your time volunteering?
- Have you shadowed any nurses? If so, did they impress you? What aspects of their work were particularly interesting?
- What do you look for in a nursing college?
- What differentiates our nursing program from others in the US for you?
Teamwork & Communication
- How would you deal with someone who’s not satisfied with their patient care?
General / Personal Statements
- How do you look after your own mental state?
- How would you respond to a crisis?
Children’s Nursing Questions and Answers
How to Prepare for Nursing Interviews
Nursing Interviews The Complete Guide
Nursing School Requirements
Nursing University Interview Numeracy Test 1
Nursing University Interview Numeracy Test 2
Nursing University Interview Tips
The Best Nursing Universities in London
University Nursing Selection Day Tests
100+ Nursing University Interview Questions
Nursing University Interviews: Common Errors & Pitfalls