The University of Tennessee Health Science Center College of Pharmacy Interview Questions
Pharmacy Application & Interview Preparation Specialists
The University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy PharmD programme is structured to provide an immersive learning experience with campuses in Memphis, Knoxville, and Nashville, exposing students to a wide array of healthcare settings. It is distinctive for its emphasis on hands-on learning, where students begin their introductory pharmacy practice experiences from the first year. The curriculum is comprehensive and contemporary, integrating subjects like public health into pharmacy education. The college also pioneers the use of simulation technology for clinical training. The faculty is composed of accomplished professionals, actively involved in cutting-edge pharmaceutical research. Additionally, the programme fosters leadership development through various student organisations and offers diverse dual degree options, like PharmD/PhD and PharmD/MBA, further enhancing students’ career prospects.
The University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy Interview Format
Interviews take around half an hour and typically combine both a group exercise and a panel interview. The panel interview will have two interviewers. Expect the interview to be closed-file.
Pharmacy Application Support
One to One Support With A Pharmacy Specialist. Optimise Your Preparation; Secure Your First Choice Place.
Resources & Articles
Tips, Techniques & Insight from Pharmacy Interviewers & Practising Pharmacists.
The University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Interview Focal Points
Focal points include personal characteristics, motivation for Pharmacy, motivation for University of Tennessee, situational judgement scenarios (like disciplining an employee), attributes and values of a pharmacist, and interests and hobbies.
Pharmacy Application Services
Tailor and optimise your Pharmacy Application with our 1-1 Specialists or prepare in your own time with our Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
The University of Tennessee College of Pharmacy Past Interview Questions
- Could you describe your strengths and how they will contribute to your success in the PharmD programme?
- Can you tell us about a weakness you have worked to improve?
- How do you handle pressure or stressful situations?
- What kind of learner are you? Can you provide examples?
- How would you describe your level of empathy and its importance in pharmacy?
- Do you consider yourself a leader or a follower? Can you explain why with examples?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What does integrity mean to you, and how do you embody it in your life?
- How have you shown resilience in the face of adversity?
- Can you share a situation where you demonstrated adaptability?
Motivation for Pharmacy
- What inspired your interest in pharmacy?
- Can you share an event or experience that confirmed pharmacy as the right choice for you?
- How do you plan to contribute to the field of pharmacy?
- How do you perceive the role of a pharmacist in public health?
- Can you discuss the importance of innovation in the field of pharmacy?
- Can you describe how you think the field of pharmacy will evolve over the next decade?
- How do you intend to stay updated with the latest advancements in pharmacy?
- What area of pharmacy are you most interested in and why?
- How do you perceive the pharmacist’s role in patient education?
- Can you discuss your understanding of clinical ethics in pharmacy?
Motivation for University of Tennessee
- What aspects of the University of Tennessee’s PharmD programme appealed to you the most?
- How does the University of Tennessee’s approach to pharmacy education align with your learning style and career goals?
- Can you discuss how the university’s focus on public health in pharmacy education resonates with you?
- Why do you think the University of Tennessee is the right fit for your pharmacy education?
- How do you plan to contribute to our university community?
Situational Judgement Scenarios
- Imagine you’re in a situation where you have to discipline a junior employee. How would you handle it?
- How would you respond to a patient who is non-compliant with their medication regimen?
- If a senior colleague made a mistake that could harm a patient, how would you react?
- What would you do if you disagreed with a healthcare professional’s recommendation for a patient?
- How would you handle a situation where a patient is unhappy with the service provided?
Attributes and Values of a Pharmacist
- What values do you think are most important for a pharmacist to possess?
- How would you handle a conflict of interest?
- Can you describe the importance of cultural competence in pharmacy?
- How do you understand patient confidentiality in pharmacy practice?
- Can you discuss the importance of communication in pharmacy?
Interests and Hobbies
- Can you share some of your hobbies and interests outside of academia?
- How do you balance your personal life with your professional commitments?
- How do your hobbies contribute to your personal growth?
- Can you discuss a hobby or interest that demonstrates your commitment to lifelong learning?
- How do you manage stress in your personal life?
- Can you share an interest or hobby that has taught you a valuable lesson?
- How do your hobbies or interests reflect your personality?
Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
Articles & Resources