The University of Auckland Medicine Interview Tips
Advice & Insight From Interview Specialists
- Ensure that you are familiar with a variety of subjects such as Maori Health, Health Policy and Ethical issues (e.g. the End of Life Bill). The New Zealand Ministry of Health has many initiatives currently in place to improve the poor health outcomes for Maori and Pasifika citizens. This due to the fact that these groups are over-represented in the statistics for many lifestyle diseases such as obesity, certain cancers and type-2 diabetes. Therefore you should expect a strong focus on any initiatives relevant to these groups.
- Knowledge of some of the basic Maori terms that may arise in questions would be of huge benefit, for example, Powhiri (a Maori welcoming ceremony).
- Review past Auckland Medicine Interview Questions and practice answering these questions in as similar an environment as possible is useful to make sure you are prepared for the style of questions, timing, and intensity of interviews.
- Expect to be asked questions relevant to Pharmacy, Optometry, Dentistry and Medicine as applicants from each of these attend the same MMI, and thus are asked the same questions.
- Ensure that you have a structured approach for each of the 12 MMI Station formats, with an awareness of how to implement the following MMI techniques:
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
1-1 Interview Tuition
Mock Interviews, Personalised Feedback & Support From Your Own Interview Specialist.
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. Taught By Medical School Interview Specialists.
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
6 Point Approach for Data Analysis
Calculations – Volumes, Concentrations & Flow Rates
5 Step Approach to Prioritisation Tasks
Science/Medicine Stations – Essential Information
The 6 Stages of MMI Role Play
Outside-In Approach to Observation Tasks
MMI Teamwork Stations: Key Tips and Common Pitfalls
The 7 Stages of MMI Communication Stations