The University of Adelaide Medicine Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Adelaide Medicine Interview Format
Currently the University of Adelaide uses an MMI format. There are six stations, each of 10 minutes. The interview is conducted online using Zoom.
The majority of interviews take place in November and December, although exact dates may vary.
Historical Interview Information
Interviews for Adelaide Medical School would typically comprise of two 15 minute sessions, with five minutes between each. In each session, candidates were interviewed by a panel of up to two interviewers. Interviewers include:
- Academic, clinical academic, and professional university staff
- Graduates from the MBBS degree
- Members of the wider community
Candidates worked through a series of scenarios and questions which provided an opportunity for them to demonstrate their personal qualities, including:
- Motivation and self-awareness
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail and professional behaviour
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Prioritising and conscientiousness
- Aptitude for group learning and teamwork
- Compatibility and understanding of the degree and applicable health profession
Adelaide Medicine Key Application & Interview Statistics
Interviewee Success Rate
174 students were accepted in 2021, and 600 were offered interviews.
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
The University of Adelaide Medicine Past MMI Stations & Interview Questions
- What has made you want to study medicine?
- Why have you applied to Adelaide specifically?
- Tell me more about yourself?
- What are some of the qualities you possess that make you a good fit for the health profession?
- If you were transport minister, how would you go about fixing congestion?
- What would be your priorities as the health minister?
- If you were captain of….at your school, how would you go about resolving a dispute between two students?
- You are speaking with a patient whom you are treating for…….when the patient’s partner insists on coming to the consultation, how do you deal with this situation?
- You are completing a group based assignment, and one member of the team is not doing their fair share of work; how would you address this?
Medicine Interview Mark Schemes
Click Here (Available to MMI Interview Course Attendees)
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Past Interview Questions
Free Past Medical School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Medical School Interviewers & Interview Specialists.