The Ohio State University Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
The Ohio State University Dentistry Key Information
Ohio State explains that its applicants must show a diverse range of experiences to succeed in reaching the interview stage, and be able to discuss these experiences in detail to gain an offer. They should also be well versed on their volunteer experience, community service, research work, leadership experience, and any other work, military or teaching experience.
The Ohio State University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
The Ohio State University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- What career would you choose if you didn’t choose dentistry?
- 3 words to describe yourself?
- What type of material was used in the fillings you observed?
- How do you see your role as a dentist?
- From your observations, what is the general trend of dentistry?
- What’s one thing you don’t like about dentistry?
- What specifically have you gained from your volunteer experiences?
- Do you know anyone who went to Ohio State’s College of Dentistry?
- What will you need to do to be successful in dental school and as a dentist?
- Why would you make a good dentist?
- What role does research have on dentistry and is it important?
- What is a challenge in dentistry that you believe you will have to overcome?
- What do you know about dental technology?
- What is the most important quality a dental student should have to be successful?
- Tell me about your shadowing.
- Are you passionate about becoming a dentist?
- Do you think you are academically prepared to handle dental school?
- What is your experience of dentistry?
- Where do you see yourself in the future?
- What types of procedures did you witness during your observation?
- What did you observe during shadowing?
- Do you think you’ll specialize?
- Why OSU?
- What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of dental school?
- Tell me about this volunteer experience.
- Tell me about your DAT score.
- Do you have any family members who are dentists?
- What type of community service volunteer experiences have you had?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What first attracted you to dentistry?
- What are important character attributes of a successful dentist?
- Why did you choose to pursue dentistry?
- Tell me about your academics.
- Tell me about your DAT preparation.
- What have you done to improve your skills in manual dexterity?
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you would do differently.
- What do you do if a patient refuses your treatment plan?
- How will you resolve staff conflicts with your employees?
- What should be done with dentists that do something unethical?
- What type of people do you easily work with and what type of person do you have a hard time working with?
- Would you call yourself a leader? What experiences have you had in a leadership position?
- How have your leadership positions helped you in dispute resolution?
- How would you give bad news to a patient?
- If you were going to sell yourself to the board/committee, what would you say?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.