Stony Brook University Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Stony Brook University Dentistry Key Information
Stony Brook aims to foster a humanistic environment of mutual respect and trust with their teaching, learning, and delivery of patient care. They emphasise evidence based dentistry, consider themselves leaders of innovation, and embrace accountability and diversity. They require applicants to demonstrate academic achievement, competence in the sciences, and a general interest in the dental profession.
Stony Brook University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Stony Brook University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- What have you seen that has made you view dentistry in a more negative light?
- What got you interested in dentistry?
- If I gave you two million dollars to do research on anything, what topic in dentistry would you choose and why?
- Explain how a root canal is done.
- What is the single most interesting thing you’ve learned while shadowing/assisting?
- What would you do if you did not get accepted to any dental school?
- What do you like most and least about your father’s practice?
- Have you shadowed dentists?
- What do you think the government should do in regards to dentistry?
- Do you read dental journals?
- What do you know about dental insurance?
- How do you know you want to be a dentist?
- What are your plans for your future career in dentistry?
- Tell me one thing good/bad that you have encountered through your work experience.
- How, when and where have you shadowed dentists?
- What difficulties are facing dentistry today?
- What would make you a good dentist?
- What are the problems facing dentistry today?
- Are you set on general, or would you consider a specialty/academics?
- Why dentistry rather than medicine?
- Are your family dentists? Why not go to the same university as them?
- What would you change about the dental practice where you shadow?
- What’s the government doing at the moment with regards to healthcare?
- Describe your experiences in applying for dental school.
- What are your strengths? Also, what aspect of yourself do you want to improve?
- Tell me about your research? What journal are you planning to submit it to?
- What are your plans for the future?
- Why not any other health profession?
- Tell me how your research caused you to come to dentistry as a career.
- What do you like about our school now that you’ve seen it?
- How did you decide on dentistry?
- How are you sure you want to be a dentist?
- Why Stonybrook?
- Are you interested in a career in academia?
- Talk to us in detail about your research in biochem and biology.
- Tell me about yourself?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Do you like statistics? How are they important to Dentistry?
- Why Stonybrook over your state school?
- If you went to Stony Brook Undergrad, why have you never stepped into the Dental School building?
- Tell me about your research experience.
- What do you think of the current healthcare debate in Washington? How do you think this will change dentistry?
- Tell us about the Medicare bill.
- Can you play bluegrass guitar?
- Explain how your skills in music and art are relevant to dentistry.
- How would you handle uninsured patients?
- If you had a poor person come into your office, who was in pain, would you treat him/her for free since they had no money?
- If you had a poor person come into your office and they wanted cosmetic surgery done, would you treat him/her?
- Let’s say you just got into dental school, oral care just became a part of the medicare program, and dentists now make $20,000, what would you do?
- What are your leadership experiences?
- As a dentist, you need to put on a “face” depending on who you are talking to (a child, an adult, the elderly, the poor, etc), tell me how you would do that effectively.
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.