Southern Illinois University Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Southern Illinois University Dentistry Key Information
Alongside at least an absolute minimum of three academic years – 90 semester or 135 quarter hours – of undergraduate course work SIU expects the following level of shadowing experience and extracurriculars:
• For shadowing, you ought to have shadowed both a general dentist and a specialist.
• For your extracurriculars, you should be active in sports, academic enrichment programs, clubs, research, volunteering and further work experience.
The interview is separated across two days, with two one-on-one 30 minute interviews and discussions, a tour, and an evening with current dental students.
Interviews take place from September to March of an application cycle.
Southern Illinois University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Southern Illinois University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- What is a non-science class that you took that will help you succeed in dental school?
- Do you expect to be well-off in this profession?
- Why not Medicine?
- Why SIUE?
- What qualities do we look for in an applicant, in your opinion?
- What was your favorite class in college?
- Is SIU your top choice?
- How would you improve public health dentistry, and expand clinics?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- What do you imagine for your future practice? Do you plan to stay in the area?
- Why SIU and what do you expect from it?
- Where do you see the direction of dentistry going?
- Where do you plan to practice?
- Do you have any research experience?
- What classes are you taking next semester?
- Where will you be in ten years?
- What do you know about SIU Dental School?
- Why do you want to become a dentist?
- What distinguishes you from other candidates?
- What component of your application do you want us to overlook?
- Where do you want to practice?
- What will you do if you aren’t accepted for the upcoming class?
- In Alaska, they are adopting a program where students go to Australia/New Zealand for two years to be trained to provide dental services in remote communities in Alaska. Do you think that this is a good practice and should be adopted throughout the rest of the United States?
- Why apply for dentistry now?
- What is your biggest weakness?
- Why are you interested in SIU Dental School?
- What is something we should know about you that we can’t find on your application?
- Why dentistry?
- What types of volunteer work have you helped with?
- Why are you here?
- Do your GPA and DAT reflect you academically?
- If you were to go back to a situation and act in it differently, how would you act? What would you have done differently?
- Tell me about a time that your communication skills served you well.
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.