Oregon State University College of Pharmacy Interview Questions
Pharmacy Application & Interview Preparation Specialists
Oregon State University’s College of Pharmacy provides a robust and innovative PharmD program, the curriculum of which places significant emphasis on experiential learning, with rotations in various practice settings, preparing students for diverse career opportunities in healthcare. In addition, the program is distinct in its approach to research, offering students opportunities to participate in cutting-edge projects under the guidance of esteemed faculty. The university’s commitment to advancing health equity and diversity further enhances the student experience, preparing future pharmacists to serve a diverse population effectively.
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy Interview Format
You should expect a half hour interview at the school. Interviews are generally open file, and are structured panel interviews with two interviewers.
Pharmacy Application Support
One to One Support With A Pharmacy Specialist. Optimise Your Preparation; Secure Your First Choice Place.
Resources & Articles
Tips, Techniques & Insight from Pharmacy Interviewers & Practising Pharmacists.
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Interview Focal Points
Focal points include situational judgement scenarios, like handling a patient who refuses guidelines for religious reasons, tell me about yourself, motivation for Pharmacy, understanding of Pharmacy, interests and hobbies, and the obligations that pharmacists have to their community.
Pharmacy Application Services
Tailor and optimise your Pharmacy Application with our 1-1 Specialists or prepare in your own time with our Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy Past Interview Questions
Situational Judgement Scenarios
- How would you respond if a patient refused to take their prescribed medication due to their religious beliefs?
- How would you handle a situation where a coworker was making inappropriate remarks?
- Imagine you have identified a mistake in a prescription that a senior pharmacist has missed. What do you do?
- How would you handle a situation where a patient is misusing their medication?
- If a patient complained that their medication was too expensive, how would you respond?
- You’re in a situation where you must decide which of two struggling community practices to shut down. How do you approach this difficult decision?
- A coworker is consistently late, leaving you to manage their workload. How do you handle this?
- A patient with a known history of drug abuse comes in with a prescription for a controlled substance. How do you manage this situation?
- A distraught parent comes into the pharmacy with a very sick child but doesn’t have the means to pay for the medication. What do you do?
Tell Me About Yourself
- How would your friends describe you?
- What three words would you use to describe yourself and why?
- Tell us about a time when you faced a significant challenge and how you overcame it.
- Can you share a significant life experience that shaped who you are today?
- What is the most important thing we should know about you?
Motivation for Pharmacy
- What inspired you to pursue a career in pharmacy?
- How do your personal interests align with your decision to study pharmacy?
- What experiences have confirmed your interest in pharmacy?
- How have your previous experiences prepared you for a career in pharmacy?
- What aspects of pharmacy do you find most appealing and why?
Understanding of Pharmacy
- How do you see the role of pharmacists evolving in the future?
- How do you believe pharmacists contribute to the healthcare team?
- What do you think are the most pressing issues in pharmacy today?
- How does the role of a pharmacist differ in a hospital setting versus a community setting?
- What steps would you take to stay updated on advancements in the pharmacy field?
Interests and Hobbies
- What are your favourite hobbies and how have they contributed to your personal development?
- How do you handle stress and maintain a work-life balance?
- How do you feel your hobbies and interests outside of pharmacy will contribute to your role as a pharmacist?
- What do you do for fun and how does it provide a balance in your life?
- Can you tell us about a book you’ve recently read and why it resonated with you?
Obligations Pharmacists Have to Their Community
- How do you see a pharmacist’s role in addressing public health issues?
- How can pharmacists contribute to health promotion in their communities?
- What do you see as a pharmacist’s responsibility in ensuring medication safety in the community?
- How can pharmacists play a role in reducing health disparities in the community?
- How would you handle a situation where a patient’s health beliefs conflict with recommended treatments?
Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
Articles & Resources