Oregon Health & Science University Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Oregon Health & Science University Dentistry Key Information
Students are chosen primarily on their academic ability. You must show a demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, the dental profession. You are also expected to show a history of leadership, active community service, and strong experience in the dental field. You should have the ability to discuss your extracurriculars and research experience in detail.
Oregon Health & Science University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Oregon Health & Science University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Why dentistry?
- Talk about your research.
- What are you afraid of in dental school?
- Tell me about your shadowing experiences.
- How would you deal with a patient with no insurance?
- What do you know about teeth?
- If you could not be a dentist, what would you be?
- What do you know about different dental practices?
- What about your dentist you worked for did you like or dislike?
- What was the neatest dental procedure you saw?
- What are three important characteristics of a good dentist?
- What are the attributes that you would like to have as a dentist?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Do you want to go into private practice when you are done with school?
- How did you study for the DAT?
- What dental procedure do you like the most?
- What makes you think you’d be a good dentist?
- Tell me about current problems in dentistry.
- What are your plans if you don’t get accepted this year?
- Are there any other people in your family who are either dentists or work in related fields of health care?
- How did you go about doing your research?
- Tell me about your most challenging life experience.
- What do you think of the current state of HMOs?
- What is one thing you will not be good at in dentistry?
- What interested you in dentistry?
- What are 3 characteristics you feel are important for a good dentist to have?
- Why dentistry at OHSU?
- What academic challenge have you faced?
- What type of setting and in what scope of practice do you want to practice in?
- What inspired you to pursue dentistry?
- Where do you see dentistry going?
- What volunteer experience do you have?
- Given your success in academics thus far, what will you find challenging in dentistry school?
- What do you know about implants?
- What will you do if you don’t get into dental school?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Why do you think you have good manual dexterity skills?
- What manual dexterity skills have you demonstrated?
- What have you done to demonstrate your manual dexterity, aside from what you talked about on your application?
- What does integrity mean to you?
- If you knew someone was cheating, how would you handle the situation?
- What does professionalism mean to you?
- What do you see as being the most important ethical obligation(s) facing dentists today?
- How would you go about providing services to people with no insurance or health care in your practice?
- What would you do if a patient wanted a treatment that you did not recommend?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.