Ohio State (Scholarship) Law School Interview Questions
Law Application & Interview Preparation Specialists
Ohio State Law School, part of The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, has a distinct reputation for being one of the most progressive and highly ranked public law schools in the United States. Aspiring attorneys at Moritz not only have access to a rich curriculum with over 150 courses, but also benefit from several live-client clinics, extensive field placements, and nationally recognized programs in Dispute Resolution and Law, Finance, and Governance. The law school’s emphasis on interdisciplinary study, coupled with the expansive resources of a world-class university, provides a comprehensive legal education that prepares students to excel in a diverse array of legal careers.
The Ohio State Law School stands out for its unique scholarship programs. The Moritz Merit Scholarships, which are awarded based on academic achievements, are among the most generous in the country, covering full or partial tuition. The Moritz Leadership Scholarships recognize students demonstrating exceptional leadership potential, while the Public Service Fellowships aim to ease the financial burden for students committed to public service careers. Additionally, Ohio State offers an array of other scholarships dedicated to promoting diversity, supporting non-traditional students, and recognizing academic and professional accomplishments. This robust scholarship program reflects the law school’s commitment to reducing financial barriers and fostering a diverse and inclusive student body.
Overall acceptance rate for law is 36.1%.
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Law University Interview Services
Tailor and optimise your Law Application with our 1-1 Law Admissions Specialists or prepare in your own time with our Law University Online Course & Question Bank
Ohio State Law Interview Details
Previous Questions for Ohio State Law Interviews
- Tell me about a significant experience from your past and how it has shaped you as a person.
- Describe a time when you took a leadership role in a challenging situation. What did you learn?
- Can you share a project or initiative where you made a significant impact?
- Explain a situation where you had to work collaboratively. What was the outcome?
- Talk about an experience where you had to handle a conflict or disagreement. How did you navigate it?
- How have your past experiences prepared you for the rigorous academic environment of law school?
- Can you share an example of when you had to manage your time efficiently under pressure?
Motivation for Law
- What motivated you to pursue a career in law?
- Can you share a personal or professional experience that sparked your interest in law?
- How do you see a law degree enabling you to make a difference in society?
- Who or what has been your greatest influence in choosing law as a career?
- How do you see the role of lawyers changing in the future, and how do you envision yourself within that landscape?
Motivation for OSU
- Why have you chosen Ohio State Law School for your legal studies?
- How do you believe that OSU Law can help you reach your career goals?
- What aspect of OSU’s law program do you find most appealing and why?
- If admitted, how do you plan to contribute to the Ohio State community?
- Ohio State Law offers several unique programs and initiatives. Which ones do you intend to engage with and why?
- What area of law are you most interested in and why?
- How do you see your law career evolving in the next ten years?
- Where do you see yourself after graduating from Ohio State Law School?
- What steps do you plan to take to achieve your career goals?
- How would obtaining a scholarship at OSU Law aid your career plans?
Specific Questions on Aspects of Your Resume
- I noticed you were involved in [specific activity] during your undergraduate years. How has this shaped your aspirations for law school?
- You worked at [specific job] for [specific time period]. What skills did you gain from that experience that will be valuable in law school?
- Your resume mentions that you volunteered at [specific place]. How did this experience influence your decision to study law?
- You achieved [specific accomplishment] on your resume. Can you discuss what this achievement means to you?
- Can you elaborate on your role in [specific project/initiative] mentioned in your resume? How will these experiences contribute to your law studies?