Nova Southeastern University Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Nova Southeastern University Dentistry Key Information
Applicants will be chosen for an interview based on their academic preparation, and their demonstrated interest in dental medicine through clinical, community service and/or research activities. The interview day may include:
- An overview of the curriculum, facilities, and student support
- An interview with faculty
- A tour of the dental college facility by current students
- Lunch with current students
- A visit with the Assistant Dean of Admissions and Student Services
- Information regarding the admission committee decision process including making acceptance offers, alternates, rejection, and future communication
Nova Southeastern University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Nova Southeastern University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- What led you to want to pursue dentistry?
- Tell us about your research experience.
- Why did you change your major at undergrad?
- Tell us about your academics.
- What motivates you?
- What is one negative and one positive thing you found in your experience of dentistry?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What qualities do you have that would make me a good dentist?
- What drives you /motivates you to pursue dentistry?
- Why is dentistry so important?
- What sets you apart from all the other interviewees?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- What chances have you had to shadow dentists?
- Have you shadowed abroad?
- Have you applied for medical school?
- Are you a reapplicant? If so, tell me about it.
- Why did you pick dentistry?
- How will your undergrad help you in dental school?
- Tell us one thing about pre-dental students that we should know.
- What do you like to do in your spare time? Tell me about how it is useful for dentistry.
- Where do you see yourself five years after graduation?
- Why do you want to study dentistry at NSU?
- How did you study for the DAT?
- Talk to me about one of your research papers, in detail.
- What is your experience of research?
- What do your parents think about you applying to dental school?
- Who are you?
- Are you ready to take this next step in life?
- What would you highlight from your application?
- Has there been a major event in your life which changed your mindset/goals?
- What would you whiteout from your application?
- If you could sit next to one person on your flight back, who would it be?
- What types of community service have you been involved with?
- Why aren’t you taking more human related science courses?
- What did you do to improve your application?
- Tell me about your best qualities that would be beneficial to dentistry.
- What prepared you for dental school?
- If you could begin a community service program, one in which you have not already been involved, what would the program be and why?
- Explain your DAT scores.
- What do you like about dentistry specifically?
- Please tell us the biggest challenge you’ve had to overcome in your life and how you overcame that situation.
- How did you study for the DAT?
- What are you looking for in a dental school?
- What does your family think of your goals?
- What will you do if you are not accepted?
- How did you get from being a _____ major to dentistry?
- Where do you want to practice?How will your undergrad help you in dental school?
- Do you think your academic history is an indicator of your academic performance in dental school?
- Do you feel that your academic performance or your DAT score is a better indicator of how you’ll perform in dental school?
- Why not medicine?
- What work have you done with your hands?
- What have you done to show your manual dexterity?
- If you inherited Bill Gates’ bank account, what would you do with the money?
- If you have just finished a crown prep and someone drops and breaks it, how would you deal with the situation?
- If you had a patient who requested that all their teeth be removed and replaced with dentures, what would you do?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.