North London Collegiate School 11+ Interview Questions
Eleven-Plus Preparation Specialists
Overall Guide to North London Collegiate School
North London Collegiate School is a prestigious independent day school for girls aged 4 to 18. It provides a world-class education that consistently places it among the top performing schools nationally and globally. Founded in 1850 by Frances Mary Buss, a pioneer of women’s education, NLCS holds steadfast to its founding principles of intellectual curiosity and empowerment, with a genuine commitment to the development of the individual.
Situated in a verdant 30-acre site in Edgware, Greater London, the campus is an idyllic blend of historical buildings and contemporary facilities. State-of-the-art classrooms, science labs, and libraries complement the stunning grounds, creating a stimulating learning environment.
Academically, NLCS is renowned for its excellence. Rigorous, enriched curricula across all subjects ensure that students are consistently challenged and encouraged to explore their intellectual passions. The school’s exceptional examination results bear testament to its focus on academic achievement, but equally important is the emphasis placed on fostering creativity, critical thinking, and a lifelong love of learning.
NLCS offers a vast array of extracurricular activities, from sports, music, drama, and a variety of clubs, to more unique opportunities like beekeeping. Participation is strongly encouraged as part of developing well-rounded students with diverse interests.
The school’s strong pastoral care underpins student well-being and resilience. Through small class sizes and a robust support network, every student is known, cared for, and encouraged to pursue their unique path. The goal is not only to prepare students for top universities but also to equip them with the skills and confidence to navigate life beyond school.
11+ Interview Question Bank
150+ Interview Questions & Example Answers. Tips from 11+ Interviewers
Interview Practice & Mock Interviews
One to One Support With An 11+ Interview Specialist. Build Confidence & Practice Mock Interviews
11+ Interview Resources & Articles
Past Interview Questions & Example Answers From Leading Grammar & Independent Schools
North London Collegiate School Ranking & Results
North London Collegiate School consistently ranks as one of the top schools in the country – across any category. Its IB program is ranked number one in the UK, and its average score in 2023 was 41.3.
What is the admission process at North London Collegiate School ?
Registration for 11+ opens in the summer before Y6. The entrance exam then takes place in winter of year six, followed by interviews in January of Y6. Interviews are ‘friendly and informal’ and a chance for school to get to know children better.
11+ Interview Services
Tailor and optimise your child’s 11+ Interview Preparation with our 1-1 Eleven-Plus Preparation Specialists or prepare in your own time with our 11+ Online Interview Question Bank
What kind of 11+ Interview questions are asked at North London Collegiate School ?
Hobbies and Interests
- Can you share about a hobby or interest you are truly passionate about?
- How did you develop your interest in this hobby?
- Have you faced any challenges while pursuing this hobby? How did you overcome them?
- Can you give an example of how your hobbies have taught you an important lesson or skill?
- Have you ever led a group or organised an event related to your hobby or interest?
- Can you share a moment when you felt particularly proud or satisfied with something you achieved in your hobby or interest area?
- If you had the opportunity to introduce a new club or society related to your hobby at North London Collegiate School, what would it be and why?
- Can you tell us about a skill you’ve learned from your hobbies that you also use in your school work or other areas of life?
- Are there any hobbies or interests you haven’t tried yet but would like to explore in the future?
- Can you share your opinion on a current global event?
- How do you stay updated on current affairs?
- Why do you think it is important to be informed about current affairs?
- Can you discuss an event or issue that recently caught your attention?
- How do current affairs influence your understanding of the world?
- Can you tell us about a book you recently read and enjoyed?
- How has a particular book or author influenced your way of thinking?
- What is your favourite genre of books and why?
- Can you recommend a book for your peers and explain why you chose it?
- Do you have a favourite author? What makes their work stand out for you?
- What are your academic goals for the next few years?
- Can you share about a person who inspires you and why?
- What is your dream job and why?
- Can you share an aspiration that you’re working towards outside of academics?
- How do you see North London Collegiate School helping you to reach your aspirations?
Private 11+ Tuition
Articles & Resources