Newcastle University Medicine Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Newcastle Medicine Interview Format
For domestic applicants, the Medicine interview consists of a seven-station Multiple Mini Interview (MMI). Each station lasts seven minutes with an extra two minute ice breaker question in the first station. One of the stations involves a role-play scenario; others may be question-based or task-driven. Applicants are assessed on the following categories:
- Integrity (honesty and probity)
- Empathy and self-awareness
- Motivation and commitment to be a doctor
- Compatibility with the MBBS programme
- Teamwork (including leadership)
- Personal organisation
- Persistence and resilience
International applicants undergo a panel interview via Skype, rather than an MMI. The panel consists of two interviewers who will ask a comparable set of questions to those covered in the MMIs. Performance at interview will be the sole basis on which the selectors will make their judgement. The total interview score will be used as the basis for the decision making process for offers to study Medicine.
Newcastle Medicine Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Percentage of Candidates Interviewed
Interviewee Success Rate
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Newcastle University Medicine Past MMI Stations & Interview Questions
- Why you want to study Medicine?
- What speciality are you interested in?
- Why do you want to study at Newcastle?
- Why you think you would be good at Medicine?
- Why Medicine compared to other health degrees?
- What makes a good doctor?
- What do you think is the worst issue with the NHS at present?
- What are the possibilities of becoming a doctor after finishing the degree?
- What makes you a good communicator?
- Tell us about a time when you worked as part of a team/as a team player?
- Tell me about a patient you encountered during your work experience?
- A range of practice scenarios with model answers can be found in the MMI Question Bank.
- Without any hand gestures, verbally explain to the examiner how to tie a shoelace.
- Explaining your reasoning behind selecting five objects from a table to take on a camping trip. (Overlap between Communication & Prioritisation Stations)
- Discuss the following data sheet with the interviewer.
Medicine Interview Mark Schemes
Click Here (Available to MMI Interview Course Attendees)
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Past Interview Questions
Free Past Medical School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Medical School Interviewers & Interview Specialists.