Midwifery MMI Questions
Advice & Insight From Interview Specialists
Motivation for & Insight into Midwifery
- Why do you want to be a midwife?
- Why do you want to be a midwife rather than a nurse?
- When did you first gain insight or experience into the role of a midwife?
- When did you first think about becoming a midwife?
- What area of midwifery interests you most?
- What are you most looking forward to about becoming a midwife?
- What do you think will be the most challenging parts of being a midwife?
- What kinds of personal attributes does a good midwife need?
- What is the role of the Nursing and Midwifery Council?
- In what environments does Midwifery take place?
- What do you think a ‘standard’ day might be like for a midwife?
- Tell us about some current healthcare issues in the news.
- What do you know about the term confidentiality?
- What do you know about the term consent?
- How do you think the role of a midwife has changed in the last 50 years?
- What challenges does the NHS currently face?
- What can you tell us about how COVID-19 affected the NHS?
- What do you know about the history of MIdwifery?
- What do you know about how one progresses through the career of Midwifery?
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
1-1 Interview Tuition
Mock Interviews, Personalised Feedback & Support From Your Own Interview Specialist.
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. Taught By Medical School Interview Specialists.
- What work experience have you secured?
- How did you go about organising your work experience?
- Why is work experience of use for those considering Midwifery?
- Do you think that your work experience was a good reflection of the practice of Midwifery in general?
- What impressed you about the midwives that you shadowed?
Have you taken on any volunteering or charity roles?
Teamwork & Communication
- Do you work better in a team or independently?
- Why is teamwork so important to Midwifery?
- What kind of teams do midwives work in?
- Tell us about a time when your communication skills were essential to your success or the success of your team.
- Are you a good leader?
- Tell us about a time that your team failed, and what you learnt from the experience.
What patients might be the toughest to communicate with?
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
- What does the word empathy mean to you?
- What is the difference between empathy and sympathy?
- Tell us about a time that you showed empathy.
- What do you think the term resilience means?
- Tell us about a challenge or struggle that you have faced.
- How will you deal with the pressure of working as a midwife?
- What do you do to take your mind off stress?
- Why is midwifery so tough?
- How would you deal with the death of one of your patients?
- Why are you interested in studying at this university in particular?
- What attracts you about the city?
- What can you bring to the university?
- Do you think that our course fits your learning style?
- What do you think is unique about this course?
- What attracts you about the range of placements and hospitals?
- How does your choice of A Level subjects suit our course?
- How will you deal with the amount of independent studying on the course?
- How will you deal with placements away from university and time spent away from friends on other courses?
How will you handle the mixture of academic workload and practical placements that makes up a Midwifery course?
- Should midwives be able to go on strike?
- Should the NHS offer treatment for self-inflicted problems?
- What would you do if you discovered that your supervisor was drunk at work?
- What would you do if you were encouraged to cheat by another student?
- Should one’s religious beliefs affect the care that one provides as a midwife?
- What would you do if a doctor was repeatedly rude and condescending to you?
- What would you do if you caught two other midwives arguing in front of a patient?
- What would you do if you caught a friend, also a midwife, looking at confidential patient’s notes?
Should healthcare workers be better paid?
- What are your biggest strengths?
- What are your greatest weaknesses?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What would you like your impact to be on the field of Midwifery?
- Are you good at managing your time?
- Are you organised?
- Describe yourself in three adjectives.