Midwestern University Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Midwestern University Dentistry Key Information
Beyond a strong academic profile, you should be able to demonstrate a sincere understanding of, and interest in, the humanitarian ethos of health care. You should also be able to show a strong orientation towards people and service through your community service and extracurriculars. You should show strong motivation for, and commitment to, health care as demonstrated by your previous experiences. You should possess oral and written communication skills that will let you interact with patients and colleagues as necessary.
The interview process involves joining with several other interviewees to meet with members of an interview panel, selected from a volunteer group of dental faculty.
The interview process will begin in the summer prior to matriculation and ends in April or May of the matriculation year.
Midwestern University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Midwestern University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- How have your experiences shaped who you are today?
- What do you define as success?
- What are two things you like and dislike about dentistry?
- What is an example of critical thinking in healthcare?
- What are 2 of your future goals?
- How did you become interested in dentistry?
- What work experience do you have in healthcare? Outside of healthcare?
- MWU is a tight group of students, what will you contribute to our environment?
- If you ever get really overwhelmed by the work in dental school, how do you plan to cope?
- Rank these three attributes in the order of importance they are to you and why.
- How would you describe passion?
- What is your definition of success in dentistry?
- What do you dislike the most about dentistry?
- Tell us something interesting about yourself.
- Describe a stressful time in your life and what you learned about yourself.
- Why dentistry, out of the entire field of health care?
- Tell me about yourself.
- If dentistry didn’t exist what would you do?
- What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
- Where do you see yourself in 20 years?
- What’s something you want to change about yourself? How will you change that during dental school?
- What is the Mission Statement? How do you fit into our mission statement?
- Out of 3000 applicants why should we choose you?
- Describe what it means to be a consumer of education.
- What does it mean to be a professional?
- What is the school’s mission and do you fit in it?
- Why WMU?
- Do you have any shadowing experience?
- Would you rather be good and on time or late and perfect?
- How does professionalism apply to dentistry and dental school? Why is it important?
- What is an example of professionalism in healthcare settings?
- How would you handle a group project where a member doesn’t participate?
- What does professionalism mean in healthcare and why is it important?
- If you saw a friend cheating what would you do?
- What is one dilemma you have faced in the past?
- If while you were attending dental school a friend of yours started using drugs, what would you do?
- What is your role on a team?
- How would you communicate to a professor if you did not like their teaching style?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.