Medical University of Bialystok Medicine Interview Questions
Overview & Tuition Fees
This 6 year MD course is taught in English, and began in 2004. There are 5917 hours of classes, of which 600 are student internships. There are currently more than 40 countries represented in the student body – mainly Scandinavian, although representing numerous other countries around the world as well. There is a focus on ethical principles in teaching, and a friendly, communal atmosphere. Classes will take place across a number of the university’s different facilities, including the University Clinical Hospital, the Didactic and Scientific Centre of the Faculty of Health Sciences, the Clinical Research Centre, Innovation Research Centre, Molecular Imaging Laboratory, Centre for Bioinformatics and Data Analysis and th Centre for Medical Simulation.
Admission is through an online registration system on the university’s website. A ranking system is used that awards points based on the following: high school grades and certificates (Chemistry) and either Biology, Maths or Physics. An interview is also required to understand motivation for the profession and proficiency in English.
Tuition fees are EUR13,500, with the obligatory 3 week pre-medical course being another 500 euros.
Medical University of Bialystok Medicine Interview Format
The interview is the second part of assessment for students, after their grades. The number of points awarded during the interview is based on the candidate’s knowledge (of Science), their motivation for Medicine, and their knowledge of English as suitable to Medicine. The interview is scheduled only if all documents are submitted online, and can be either electronic (i.e. virtual) or in-person.
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
1-1 Interview Tuition
Mock Interviews, Personalised Feedback & Support From Your Own Interview Specialist.
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. Taught By Medical School Interview Specialists.
Medical University of Bialystok Key Application & Interview Statistics
The overall acceptance rate is 55%, with a total enrollment of 5500 students.
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Medical University of Bialystok Past MMI Stations & Interview Questions
Describe differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell.
What is basic function of mitochondrion.
Describe structure and function of animal cells plasma membrane.
Name Fat-Soluble Vitamins and describe their functions.
What is meiosis?
Describe major blood constituents.
Why person with blood group 0 donors are known as ‘universal donors.
What means term haploid?
What are the first 2 levels of protein structure?
What is a chromatin?
Alleles are alternate forms of a gene. If both alleles are identical, e.g. FF or ff, how would You name the genotype?
What states second Mendel Law of inheritance also called the Law of Independent Assortment
How many cells will have zygote after 4 divisions.
DNA – what is nucleotide?
Why DNA replication is said to be “semi-conservative”?
Where in eukaryotic cell occurs DNA transcription, RNA processing and RNA translation ?
What are 3 basic differences between DNA and RNA
How would You describe parasitism.
What is the most specific category for classifying an organism.
What are vestigial organs (structures )?
- Element X has mass number 35 and atomic number 17. How many subatomic particles (electrons, protons and neutrons) are there in this element?
- What is Avogadro’s number? How many hydrogen atoms are there in 1 mole of water molecule (H2O) ?
- What is electronegativity. What group of elements metals or nonmetals have higher values of electronegativity?
- Name and describe chemical bond in hydrogen molecule (H2).
- What is sublimation? Is it chemical or physical change?
- What is reduction? What element undergoes reduction in the process of water formation occurring according with the reaction:
2H2 + O2 → 2H2O
- Explain the difference between electrolytes and nonelectrolytes. Give one example of electrolyte and one example of nonelectrolyte.
- What is pH? How it can be calculated? What is pH (higher or lower than 7) of water solution of ammonia?
- Define reversible reaction. When this kind of reaction reaches equilibrium?
- Define mass percent concentration. How many grams of water are there in 100g of 10% solution of glucose.
- Name the group of hydrocarbons with carbon-carbon triple bond. Give the molecular formula and the name of the compound from this group with 4 carbons.
- What is polymerization? What hydrocarbons undergo polymerization?
- Name the product of reaction of benzene with nitric acid. Is it substitution or addition reaction?
- What is functional group in alcohols? What is the product of oxidation of primary alcohol?
- What is the product of ketone reduction. Name the product of propanone reduction.
- What are constitutional isomers? Are methanal and methanol this kind of isomers?
- What are similarities and differences between glucose and fructose?
- What are organic esters? Name the ester with two carbons in its structure.
- What are functional groups in amino acids? What is the general name of the product formed from two amino acids?
Give the names of three components of nucleotides (components of nucleic acids). Mark the differences between DNA and RNA.