Medical University of Athens Medicine Interview Questions
Overview & Tuition Fees
The School of Medicine of Athens was founded in 1837, and is ranked among the best 150 medical schools in the world. Currently, there are 3054 undergraduate students and 5000 postgrads.
The undergraduate program is offered in English for foreign students. The school has a total of 86 University Medical Departments and labs, covering both University Hospitals and Public Hospitals, and these provide the daily healthcare for the Athens Metropolitan Area. There are also reference centres run by the School’s faculty members that provide specialist care.
The school was founded with only 4 students, and as it gradually grew there was soon a need for an entrance exam, which began in 1926 (although is not required for those applying in English).
The school includes the following departments:
– Section of Basic Medical Sciences,
– Section of Clinical-Laboratory Studies,
– Section of Internal Medicine,
– Section of Surgery,
– Section of Mother’s-Child’s Health,
– Section of Social Medicine (Psychiatry, Neurology)
The Medicine course here lasts for six years, with the first three years being taught in the Goudi Campus. The following departments are located here: Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Forensic Medicine-Toxicology, Histology and Embryology, Hygiene– Epidemiology, Medical Physics, Microbiology, Pathology, Pathophysiology, Pharmacology and Physiology. Clinical training then takes place across sixteen different hospitals, including “Agia Olga”, “Agia Sophia”, “Aiginiteio”, “Alexandra”, “Attikon”, and others.
The English degree program has been accredited by the Hellenic Authority for Higher Education. The program aims to ’attract the very best,’ whether they are prospective international students or internationally renowned professors. The university’s high standing is reflected in its international ranking – it is ranked 1st amongst Greek universities and in the top 100 in the world in several areas as well. It has ranked 46th in the world for Cardiology, 59th in infectious diseases, 98th in Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 108th in Pharmacology and Toxicology, and 112th in Clinical Medicine – numbers that put it above a great number of US and UK schools.
For those interested in applying, you will need to satisfy the initial core requirements:
– You must have attended the final two classes of high school in a foreign country and must have obtained a high school diploma or other equivalent secondary education diploma that entitles them to admission to higher education institutions in the country where they graduated.
Tuition fees are 13,000 EUR per year.
Medical University of Athens Medicine Interview & Exam Format
Although the university does not interview at this time, it has relatively stringent admissions requirements. All eligible applicants must have fulfilled at least one of the following requirements:
– International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 38 points overall, including three higher level subjects (two of them should be selected from Physics, Chemistry, Biology), and three standard level subjects.
-A- Level subject-based qualification, with minimum grades AAA. Subjects requested are Chemistry, Biology and one more science subject (i.e., Physics, Mathematics). Please note that the standard offer is likely to be A*AA with the A* in either Chemistry or Biology.
-BioMedical Admission Test (BMAT). Examination periods accepted: 2022 and February 2023.
– Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT). Examination periods accepted: 2021,2022, 2023.
– BSc cognate to medicine from an accredited institution with a minimum overall grade 65% or equivalent grade to a different grading system. Final year graduating students must have predicted 65% or equivalent grade to a different grading system.
You should therefore consider sitting the BMAT or MCAT if you are in doubt as to whether your grades are sufficient – more information on the BMAT can be found elsewhere on our site.
Additionally, you must provide your competency in English – B2 is the minimum level accepted. This can be evidenced through:
– TOEFL score (with a minimum score 80/120)
– IELTS: Overall score of 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in each component.
– First Certificate in English (FCE): B2
If you are a native English native speaker or have a graduation diploma from a high school where you were instructed entirely in English, then you will be exempt from this requirement.
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
1-1 Interview Tuition
Mock Interviews, Personalised Feedback & Support From Your Own Interview Specialist.
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. Taught By Medical School Interview Specialists.
Medical University of Athens Key Application & Interview Statistics
The Medical University of Athens does not provide admissions rates or statistics.
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Medical University of Athens Past MMI Stations & Interview Questions
As stated, the university does not interview, but rather makes use of grades and a range of admissions tests.