Mayo Clinic Alix School Medicine Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Mayo Clinic Alix School Medicine Interview Format (Historically)
Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine conducts two traditional one-on-one interviews. Each lasts for roughly 30 minutes. They are partially blinded interviews where the interviewers would look at the candidate’s application material regarding activities but not scores. The interviews are very conversational. One of the non-academic areas of assessment is the applicant’s communication and team-based skills.
The interview panel consists of two interviewers who can be members of the admissions committee, a faculty member, or a third-fourth year medical student
Mayo Clinic Alix School Medicine Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Percentage of Candidates Interviewed
Interviewee Success Rate
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Mayo Clinic Alix School Medicine Past MMI Stations & Interview Questions
- What lessons have you learnt from working as a team?
- Would you share a specific team experience you have encountered where you learnt something new?
- Describe a situation where you had a conflict with a peer. How did you handle that conflict?
- What is your largest concern regarding embarking on your medical school journey?
- Why did you choose to study medicine?
- How has your X experience contributed to your choice of studying medicine?
- What concerns do you have about studying at Mayo?
- What do you think on prescribing a treatment that was a placebo just because the patient wanted a treatment?
- Would you assert that someone of your background went through the challenges you described in your application?
- How can you describe your research project to a seven-year old kid?
- Tell me about yourself and background
- What life challenge have you gone through and how was it like?
- What situation have you gone through that got you to cry?
- Describe a time when you had to communicate with a patient or family under difficult circumstances.
- You have mentioned X in your application, illustrate that further.
- When was the last time you apologized?
- How can you describe your research project to a senior researcher?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is your plan if you are not accepted into medical school this year?
- In some environments, it is important to follow procedures very closely. Describe a situation where you had to do that.
- Summarize your application in a couple of sentences.
Medicine Interview Mark Schemes
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Past Interview Questions
Free Past Medical School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Medical School Interviewers & Interview Specialists.