Louisiana State University New Orleans Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Louisiana State University New Orleans Dentistry Key Information
The Admissions Committee seeks applicants who demonstrate the ability to successfully complete the DDS program, who possess and display compassion and concern for others, and who will provide the best possible dental care for the people of Louisiana. Possession of appropriate hand-eye coordination is considered essential to a successful application. This information is obtained from the following sources:
- DAT: The Perceptual Ability section of the DAT is designed to measure an applicant’s ability to appreciate sizes, shapes, angles, three-dimensions, mirror-images, etc.
- Chalk Carving Exercise: LSUSD is one of the few schools still utilizing this test that was once part of the DAT.
Motivation for Dentistry is best proven through shadowing dentists. 50-100 hours at least are recommended. You must demonstrate the ability to communicate and to provide and obtain cooperation from other individuals. Ability to manage stress, possession of high ethical standards, demonstrated history of leadership, demonstrated history of community service and unique personal attributes are also considered to be desirable qualities.
Louisiana State University New Orleans Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Louisiana State University New Orleans Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Can you handle the same career for 30 years?
- Is oral health care important?
- How have you shown your commitment to dentistry?
- What first got you interested in dentistry?
- If you couldn’t be a dentist, what would you do?
- Why is dentistry important?
- Give two or three ethics that you live by.
- Do you have a family of your own? If so, how will that impact making it through dental school?
- If we voted for you to retake the DAT would you?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- What have you done to show that you really like dentistry?
- What do you do in your spare time and how is it helpful for dentistry?
- Are you interested in the research that this school does?
- Why LSU?
- What do you think LSU is focused on?
- What are you looking for in a dental school?
- Why do you think you will enjoy being a dentist?
- Are you ready for the stress involved in dental school?
- Dentists have to be teachers too. Are you a good teacher?
- What is your purpose in life?
- Are you mechanically inclined?
- What was the last thing you made with your hands?
- What do you like to do with your hands?
- Have you practised carving?
- If an employee came in late, how would you deal with the situation?
- How would you treat other co-workers?
- If your boss uses a program that you created and gave you no credit…what would you do?
- If an employee calls in sick, what would you do?
- Imagine you see a child that you are babysitting repeatedly hitting itself with a hammer. What might you do?
- If the husband of Mrs Brown, one of your employees, calls in late on a Sunday night to say that his wife cannot make work the next day, what would you do?
- Should you always give a patient what they need, or what they want?
- Should other dentists be able to review your work?
- Are you an empathetic person?
- If a patient needed further treatment, which would make a great deal of money for your practice and that you desperately need, would you keep them or refer them to another dentist that you believed might be able to do a slightly better job?
- What would you do if a child, one of your patients, repeatedly misbehaved?
- What is the most important thing to say to patients to make them feel more relaxed and comfortable?
- Describe something that you advocated recently that met opposition and you subsequently debated?
- Is it important to give instructions to a patient? How might you give instructions to them?
- Do you want people to like you? Tell us why or why not.
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.