Lewis and Clark University Law School Interview Questions
Law Application & Interview Preparation Specialists
Lewis and Clark University Law School, in the scenic Pacific Northwest, offers an enriching and diverse legal education grounded in public service and environmental stewardship. Known for its pioneering work in animal law and environmental law, the school provides students with a unique opportunity to specialise in these rapidly evolving fields. Additionally, the school’s comprehensive curriculum fosters critical thinking and practical skills through a blend of traditional coursework and experiential learning. Students have the opportunity to participate in clinical programs, externships, and moot court competitions, providing them with real-world experience and a comprehensive understanding of the law in action. With a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion, Lewis and Clark Law School cultivates a supportive and engaging community where students are encouraged to challenge assumptions and engage in meaningful discourse. The school’s dedicated faculty, many of whom are leading experts in their respective fields, provide students with personalised guidance and mentorship.
Overall admission rate is 55% per the most recent data.
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Law University Interview Services
Tailor and optimise your Law Application with our 1-1 Law Admissions Specialists or prepare in your own time with our Law University Online Course & Question Bank
Lewis and Clark University Law Interview Details
Previous Questions for Lewis and Clark University Law Interviews
Resume and Personal Statement
- You’ve mentioned volunteering at an animal shelter in your resume, can you talk more about this experience?
- How has the experience of writing for your college newspaper influenced your approach to law?
- You mentioned in your personal statement a fascination with environmental law. What sparked this interest?
- Can you elaborate on the research you conducted as an undergraduate and how it might contribute to your studies at Lewis & Clark?
- How has your experience working in a corporate setting prepared you for law school?
- Can you tell us more about your internship at the law firm mentioned in your resume? What were some of your key takeaways?
- Your personal statement mentioned your passion for advocacy. Can you give us an example of how you’ve advocated for a cause or individual in the past?
- How have the skills you acquired during your study abroad experience prepared you for a career in law?
- What area of law are you interested in specialising in and why?
- How do you see your career evolving in the next 10 years?
- What impact do you hope to make in the field of law?
- How does pursuing a law degree align with your long-term professional objectives?
- How do you plan to use your law degree to address environmental issues?
Interest in Lewis & Clark
- Why did you choose to apply to Lewis & Clark Law School specifically?
- How do you think Lewis & Clark’s emphasis on environmental law aligns with your interests?
- What aspects of the curriculum at Lewis & Clark Law School appeal to you the most?
- How do you plan to take advantage of the experiential learning opportunities at Lewis & Clark?
- How do you see yourself contributing to the community at Lewis & Clark?
Background and Experiences
- How have your past experiences prepared you for law school?
- Can you tell us about a time when you faced a significant challenge and how you handled it?
- What do you consider your most significant achievement to date?
- How have your experiences in various cultures influenced your perspective on law?
- How have you demonstrated leadership in your past roles?
- Can you provide an example of a time when your communication skills were crucial in resolving a conflict?
- How would you explain a complex legal concept to a person without a legal background?
- Can you describe a time when you successfully persuaded others to see things your way?
- Have you ever had to deliver difficult news or feedback? How did you handle it?
- How do you approach discussions or debates with individuals who hold opposing views?
- Can you share an experience that significantly contributed to your personal growth?
- How do you handle stress and maintain balance in your life?
- Tell us about a time when you had to make a difficult decision. What factors did you consider?
- How have you handled failure in the past, and what did you learn from it?
- Can you discuss a time when you had to demonstrate resilience?