Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine NTU Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Lee Kong Chian Medicine Interview Format (Historically)
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine uses Multiple Mini Interviews (MMI). Candidates are given two minutes outside each of the eight stations to read through each scenario and consider their answers/approach before being assessed. Each station lasts approximately five minutes each and is scored out of five points. Most of the time there is only one interviewer, but on occasion, there might also be an actor (patient) present as well. Lee Kong Chian uses a variety of interviewers including, scientists, clinicians, lay people, academics and nurses.
The MMI assesses candidates on their:
- Understanding of medicine as a career
- Ethical considerations in medicine
- Interest in science
- Empathy towards people who might be ill
- Capacity for critical appraisal
Interviews are generally conducted in April.
Lee Kong Chian Medicine Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Percentage of Candidates Interviewed
Interviewee Success Rate
Before the Interview
- Know your personal statement thoroughly; this includes the strengths you possess and how they will help you as a medical student and doctor as well as weaknesses that you need to work on and how you plan to improve them.
- Be able to articulate your motivation for studying medicine and why you have chosen Lee Kong Chian.
- Research the Singapore health system and ensure that you have a broad knowledge of any issues and policies which currently affect it, e.g. ‘Medishield Life’.
- Practice mock interviews with family, friends and Interview Specialists ensuring that you receive detailed feedback on your answers. This will allow you to gain more confidence in answering questions and will hopefully relieve some of the pressure of the interview.
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Lee Kong Chian (NTU) Medicine Past MMI Stations & Interview Questions
General/Personal Statement Station – in this station candidates spend the time answering conventional medicine interview questions such as:
- Why medicine?
- Why Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine?
- What are your strengths/weaknesses?
Role Play Scenarios – In this station, candidates are given a scenario and are expected to interact with an actor (patient) to evaluate their personal qualities and aptitudes (namely empathy and care for an ill person). This station is followed up with questions based on how the candidate responds during the role-play. A range of Role Play Scenarios with model answers can be found in the Online MMI Question Bank.
Scientific/Medical Topics – Questions in this station may focus on topics mentioned in your personal statement or topical medical issues. Ensure that you keep up to date with current medical issues as well as practicing recent MMI questions in our Online MMI Question Bank.
Observation Tasks – This station may involve watching a movie clip, consultation video or a diagram which may relate to medicine in some way. For example, being given a photo of a family and asked to describe their findings/observations or describing the arrangement of a block of Lego bricks. Ensure that you use the ‘Outside-in Approach to Observation Tasks’ to excel in this station.
Medicine Interview Mark Schemes
MMI Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Past Interview Questions
Free Past Medical School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Medical School Interviewers & Interview Specialists.