King’s College London Pharmacy Interview Questions
Pharmacy Application & Interview Preparation Specialists
King’s College London, established in 1829, is a renowned public research university located in the heart of London, England. As a part of the prestigious Russell Group, it has earned a reputation for its commitment to research and academic excellence. The MPharm program at King’s College London spans four years, providing students with a solid foundation in pharmaceutical science, combined with practical experience and professional development. Students also have the opportunity to choose from various elective modules to tailor their education based on personal interests and career aspirations. One of the key features of the MPharm program at King’s College London is its emphasis on research-informed teaching, which ensures that students are exposed to the latest advancements in the field. The program’s faculty members actively participate in cutting-edge research, and their findings are integrated into the course material. Consequently, students are equipped with up-to-date knowledge, preparing them for successful careers in an ever-evolving industry. King’s College London is also known for its diverse and inclusive environment, which is reflected in the MPharm program. The program attracts students from various backgrounds and nationalities, fostering a rich learning environment that encourages collaboration and knowledge exchange. Additionally, the university offers a variety of support services, including academic guidance and well-being resources, ensuring that students have the necessary tools to succeed in their studies.
King’s College London Interview Format
Interviews are an essential part of the assessment process at Kings’ College London. Those who are successful in the first phase of admissions checks will be invited to an interview with a member of staff to take place online on Microsoft Teams Spring. The interviews are 30 minutes in duration and are recorded for quality assurance and review purposes. At the beginning of the interview session, you will be required to confirm your identity by showing a valid form of ID.
Pharmacy Application Support
One to One Support With A Pharmacy Specialist. Optimise Your Preparation; Secure Your First Choice Place.
Resources & Articles
Tips, Techniques & Insight from Pharmacy Interviewers & Practising Pharmacists.
King’s College London Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Before the Interview
– Research the MPharm program: Gain a thorough understanding of the MPharm program at King’s College London.
– Understand the profession: Develop a clear grasp of the role and responsibilities of a pharmacist, along with current challenges and developments in the field.
– Review your application: Revisit your application materials, such as your personal statement, to refresh your memory and anticipate questions about your background. Be prepared to discuss your motivation for pursuing a career in pharmacy, your relevant experiences, and how they have shaped your understanding of the profession.
– Prepare for competency-based questions: Interviewers may ask competency-based questions to evaluate your problem-solving, communication, teamwork, and leadership skills. Reflect on past experiences where you demonstrated these competencies and practice articulating these examples concisely.
– Prepare for ethical and scenario-based questions. Use the GPhC site or ORIEL SJT materials for this.
Interview Focal Points
The focal points of the interview are:
– communication skills,
– exploring general social and ethical issues,
– assessing the interviewee’s general suitability for the programme and as a health professional,
– how the interviewee will contribute to the university as a whole.
Questions will cover ‘your motivation to study pharmacy, numeracy skills, experience and communication skills, as well as your values and judgement in relation to a situational scenario. There will also be an opportunity for you to ask questions toward the end of the session.’
Pharmacy Application Services
Tailor and optimise your Pharmacy Application with our 1-1 Specialists or prepare in your own time with our Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
King’s College London Pharmacy Past Interview Questions
Tell us about a time when you had to adapt your communication style to cater to the needs of a diverse audience. What challenges did you face, and how did you overcome them?
Contribution to the University of King’s College London
What unique qualities or experiences will you bring to the MPharm program at King’s College London that will enrich the learning environment for your fellow students?
How do you plan to get involved in extracurricular activities, clubs, or societies at King’s College London to contribute to the university community outside of the MPharm program?
In what ways do you envision yourself contributing to research or innovation within the field of pharmacy during your time at King’s College London?
Can you discuss a current ethical issue in the field of pharmacy and explain how you would approach addressing it as a pharmacist?
Describe a situation in which you faced an ethical dilemma, either in an academic or professional setting. How did you handle it, and what did you learn from the experience?
Motivation for Pharmacy
What personal experiences or events have influenced your decision to pursue a career in pharmacy, and how have they shaped your understanding of the profession?
Pharmacy University Online Course & Question Bank
Articles & Resources