Harvard School Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Harvard School Dentistry Key Information
Interviews at Harvard provide the candidate with the opportunity to articulate their knowledge and experience, their suitability for the program, and their potential contribution to the field of dentistry.
An overview of a typical assessment day:
8:45AM – Arrive at HSDM
9:00AM – Introduction to HSDM and DMD program overview
10:15AM – Interview I
11:15AM – Interview II
12:00PM – Lunch with current students
12:30PM – Tour of the School and Longwood Medical Area campus
1:30PM – Diversity & Inclusion Presentation
2:00PM – Financial Aid Information Session
3:00PM – Wrap-up with Admissions and departure from HSDM
Harvard School Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Harvard School Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Tell us about your research
- Why have you chosen Harvard?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- Why not Medicine?
- How difficult was your undergraduate school?
- What is the most recent book that you’ve read?
- How would a friend describe you?
- How would you rate how hard you worked at your undergraduate school?
- You have a very high DAT score and GPA. You have a passion for research, have a wealth of diverse dental experiences, and have completed many community service projects, both locally and internationally. But we have plenty of applicants like you. Why are you different? What can you bring to HSDM that is unique?
- Where do you see yourself ten years from now in your dental career?
- What was your biggest failure?
- Did you work hard enough at your undergrad school to justify a place at Harvard?
- Have you spoken to current students?
- Tell us about yourself.
- Why have you chosen dentistry?
- What has been your biggest disappointment in life?
- How did you become interested in Dentistry?
- Are any of your family members dentists? Tell us about them if so.
- What are you most proud of so far in your academic achievements?
- What would your friends say is your quality that best suits a career in Dentistry?
- If you could do something outside of science, what would you be doing?
- Tell us in more depth about a program that you were involved in school that is relevant to Dentistry.
- Imagine you are in a PBL class where none of the other students include you. How would you handle this situation?
- How would you fix the disparity in available and affordable healthcare in America?
- Why did you get a C in Calculus II at college?
- What have you learned about communication through playing sports in college?
- On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your leadership skills, from lamb to tyrant?
- Tell us about your favourite leadership experience.
- Tell us who you would want to sit next to on an airplane if you could sit next to anyone ever, why, and what you would speak to them about.
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.