Georgetown University Nursing Interview Questions
Advice & Insight From Nursing Interview Specialists
General Interview Information
The Georgetown University Bachelor of Science in Nursing is a traditional four-year program. The school prides itself on educating exceptional nurses, and benefits from both a highly-regarded academic and teaching staff and a wealth of facilities. The BSN is a direct entry program, meaning it is available to high school leavers. You will experience direct patient contact from the very first year of study. The program has a 15-20% acceptance rate.
Interview Format at Georgetown for Nursing
Georgetown interviews every first year applicant, regardless of the degree that they are interested in. Interviews are conducted by an alumnus, and this is a standard part of the application process. Only if no alumnus is available in a given location is it possible to commence studying at the school without having interviewed. The alumni are volunteers, and members of the AAP (Alumni Admissions Program) which now consists of more than 6000 people. The alumni may be recent graduates or graduates extending back to students from the 1960s. They are dedicated to their role of learning more about each student – the interview is ‘an opportunity for students to share any information that they feel was not captured in their applications or to highlight any relevant information.’
You are not likely to be grilled on specific information – instead you should expect a ‘general conversation’ looking into your thoughts and interests.
MMI Question Bank
Past Interview Questions
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback, Taught By University Interviewers & Interview Specialists.
The application deadlines are November 1st for Early Action, January 10th for Regular Decision, and March 1st for Transfer students respectively.
Sample & Recent Interview Questions
Georgetown explains that you are likely to field questions on your academic interests, extracurriculars, summer experience, future plans, family background, and knowledge of the college.
Motivation and Insight into Nursing, Academic Interests
- What do you think will be the most challenging parts of being a nurse?
- Why do you want to become a nurse?
- What personal attributes does a good nurse need?
- What do you think is the single most important issue facing healthcare in the USA today?
- Are you interested in research? Have you undertaken any research projects yourself?
- If you could research one topic, what would it be and why?
- Are you looking forward to taking part in research whilst studying at Georgetown?
- Have you managed to organise shadowing experience? How did you do so?
- What did you learn during your shadowing experience about the role of a nurse?
- What has surprised you so far during your work experience or volunteering?
- Did you find that you were impressed or disappointed by the work done by the nurses that you shadowed?
- Have you arranged charity or volunteering work over the holidays in the past?
- What does a typical summer look like for you in terms of work and volunteering?
- Have you volunteered abroad in any form?
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
- Where do you see yourself in ten years’ time, in both your personal and professional lives?
- Where do you see your career in Nursing taking you within the next 20 years?
- Do you think that the field of Nursing will have changed considerably within the next 20-30 years?
- Where do you see yourself living immediately after graduating from Georgetown, if you secure a place here?
- Have you got a particular area of the US that you are interested in living and working in? Do you know much about the healthcare of that particular area?
- What is a particular future goal that you would like to tell me about? Please make sure that it does not relate directly to Nursing, and is instead a personal goal outside of your professional life.
- Are you interested in having a family in the future? Do you think that this degree will help or hinder you if you do wish to have one?
- Why are you interested in studying at Georgetown in particular?
- What can you in particular bring to this school? Why should we choose you to study here rather than another equally qualified applicant?
- What do you find interesting about the college’s location? Can you see yourself living here?
- What do you look for in a Nursing college? Can you describe how Georgetown fits what you’re looking for?
- What differentiates our nursing program from others in the US for you?
- What do you imagine a typical day studying at Georgetown might be like?
Children’s Nursing Questions and Answers
How to Prepare for Nursing Interviews
Nursing Interviews The Complete Guide
Nursing School Requirements
Nursing University Interview Numeracy Test 1
Nursing University Interview Numeracy Test 2
Nursing University Interview Tips
The Best Nursing Universities in London
University Nursing Selection Day Tests
100+ Nursing University Interview Questions
Nursing University Interviews: Common Errors & Pitfalls