Dental School Interview Questions: University of Manitoba
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of Manitoba Dentistry Key Information
Manitoba interviews all eligible applicants using a single panel non structured format. The interview will last for up to 45 minutes. Average DAT scores to achieve an interview were 18.75 in 2020 and 18.5 in 2018. Out of province applicants must have scored at least 22.5 in 2020 or 22 in 2018 to receive an interview. Manitoba breaks the core technical standards down into five areas: observation and perception, communication, motor and tactile function, cognition, and emotional functioning. You must also be able to demonstrate professionalism.
University of Manitoba Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Percentage of Candidates Interviewed
Interviewee Success Rate
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of Manitoba Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- How can you demonstrate that you have the resilience required for dentistry?
- Dentistry is mentally demanding. Have you worked hard so far in your academic life?
- How can you prove that you can adapt to changing environments?
- How do you fare when faced with uncertainty?
- How do you organise yourself?
- Tell us about a time you had to analyse complex information.
- Tell us about a time that your problem-solving abilities were tested.
- What learning style do you have?
- How can you adapt your learning style?
- Do you learn well in groups or individually?
- Tell us about your shadowing experience so far.
- Where do you want to go in your career?
- Will you practice in Manitoba or nearby?
- Tell us about your college experience.
- What was the hardest thing you had to do at college?
- How do you maintain good timekeeping?
- What is professionalism?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- Why do you want to study here?
- Why do you want to be a dentist rather than a doctor?
- Have you developed caring relationships with other people in your life?
- How do you communicate with other members of your team when you’re learning in college?
- How have you developed your ability to quickly summarise information?
- How have you developed your ability to present information to others?
- How can you use your communication skills to get information?
- Why is listening an important part of communication?
- How do you demonstrate manual dexterity?
- What hobbies do you have that show manual dexterity?
- How can you improve your manual dexterity?
- Why is fine motor function important for a dentist?
- Do you play an instrument or create art?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.