Dental School Interview Questions: University of British Columbia
Past Interview Questions & Tips
University of British Columbia Dentistry Key Information
The school will invite applicants to interview based on DAT, references, and any relevant cognitive or global parameters from their application. Those that are invited to interview will be considered for admission based on a total review of their application and interview performance. The interview consists of both an MMI and an SGI (small group interview). You should expect to be interviewed by general dental practitioners and faculty members. The interviewers are not aware of the contents of any applicant’s file.
The curriculum is ‘inquiry based,’ and incorporates hybrid problem-based learning, case-based and other blended learning activities, alongside more traditional formats (lectures and tutorials). Self-directed learning is heavily emphasised.
University of British Columbia Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Percentage of Candidates Interviewed
Interviewee Success Rate
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
University of British Columbia Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Tell me about what got you interested in dentistry.
- Are you a good self directed learner?
- What is your learning style?
- Tell me about your experience of learning in groups.
- Tell me about your experience of problem based or case based learning.
- What appeals to you about our school?
- What doesn’t appeal to you about our school?
- What is the one thing that you find most interesting about dentistry?
- How can you show to us that you will be able to handle the workload here?
- Tell me about an academic project that you took on outside of your core classes.
- What have you found most interesting during your studies at college?
- Why not a doctor?
- Why not a researcher or scientist?
- Why our school?
- What was the most surprising part of your work experience?
- How will you change your learning style from your undergrad to studying here?
- What will you bring to the school beyond academics and professionalism?
- What shadowing have you done?
- What volunteering work have you done?
- Tell us about your research.
- Are you interested in continuing research?
- We offer a range of summer programs for clinical exposure, volunteering and research. Which would you be interested in?
- Are you a leader or a team-player?
- How will you lead a group learning activity?
- Tell us about a time that you led a team to success.
- Tell me about a time that your team failed, and what you learnt.
- What would you tell an angry patient?
- How do communication skills help dentists?
- How have you worked to improve your communication skills?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.