Dental School Interview Questions: Alberta Dental School
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Alberta Dentistry Key Information
All applicants to Alberta must complete a Personal Experiences document, which provides them with the opportunity to highlight certain life experiences. It comprises five subsections: employment, leadership roles, volunteer work, life experience and achievements, and personal highlights. Interviews take place from February onward. Interviews look for maturity, motivation, initiative, an ability to communicate, personal qualities and interests.
The interview is an MMI, with each station being of 10 minutes duration.
Alberta Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Percentage of Candidates Interviewed
Interviewee Success Rate
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Alberta Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- In healthcare professions like dental care, you will be required to establish good working relationships with people from all walks of life. Talk about what you think will be your strengths and challenges in establishing these relationships with your future clients.
- Tell us about your employment history.
- Tell me about your volunteering experience.
- Tell me about your charity work experience.
- What is your proudest life achievement?
- Why dentistry?
- Why not Medicine?
- Where will you be ten years after graduating?
- Where will you be in 30 years’ time?
- What is your highlight from high school?
- Have you secured research experience?
- How did you organise your work experience?
- Why you, over any of the other applicants?
- Are you interested in specialising?
- How can you demonstrate that you have the maturity to study here?
- What stands out most from your shadowing experience?
- What scares you the most about dental school?
- What disappointed you most from your shadowing experience?
- Where do you want to practice in future?
- How can you demonstrate initiative to us?
- A YouTube video of a group of junior school boys abusing their bus driver went viral. They were later expelled from school, as they had caused the bus driver emotional harm. Do you think it was right that they were expelled and vilified in the press?
- Your neighbour’s child has decayed teeth. She asks you to help as she knows you volunteer at a dentist’s. You provide her with options of dentists who may help. None do. What do you do?
- Your landlord has found a new tenant for the flat downstairs. You realise it is a drug addict who you know from a rehab centre. Do you tell the landlord?
- The majority of dental students cheat at some point. If the majority cheat, how serious of an issue should this be seen as?
- Tell us about your leadership experience.
- Tell me about your team working experience.
- Are you a better team leader or team player?
- Imagine that a patient has only a basic level of English. How would you communicate with them?
- Tell me about the role of empathy in communication.
- Tell me about a time that your ability to communicate was tested.
- Tell me about a time that your communication skills saved the day.
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.