Case Western Reserve University Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions & Tips
Case Western Reserve University Dentistry Key Information
The Case School of Dental Medicine outlines what they look for in potential students as:
- Wanting to understand how science and health care intersect,
- Are curious about how and why we make decisions about dental health care,
- Taking responsibility for their own learning,
- Can use general concepts and apply them in new ways,
- Enjoy an active learning environment that includes group work,
- Have demonstrated academic excellence,
- Desire challenge
- Want to learn about the profession from faculty mentors and coaches,
- Understand the dentist’s responsibility to patients, community, and society
Case Western Reserve University Dentistry Key Application & Interview Statistics
Overall Success Rate (Total Applicants : Total Spaces)
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Case Western Reserve University Dentistry Past Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is your research about?
- How do you feel like you can help the under-served population?
- What was your favorite procedure to watch during your shadowing experience?
- Who are you, and why are you here?
- How has your life experience prepared you to become a dentist?
- Tell me about your undergraduate coursework.
- Give an example of a pbl learning environment you went through in college.
- Tell me about one of your research positions?
- What do you have to offer the school?
- How does your family feel about you applying to dental school?
- When did you know you wanted to be a dentist?
- Do you know anyone who is a dentist?
- Why Case?
- Where do you want to practice?
- Why dentistry at Case?
- What is the focus of your research?
- Tell me the two activities that best demonstrate who you are.
- What do you not like about dentistry?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What do you know about our school?
- How do you feel about your DAT scores?
- How have these roles helped prepare you for a career in dentistry?
- What has been your favorite class in college?
- How have your studies as an undergrad help you prepare for dental school?
- What is your plan beyond dental school?
- So you want to be a dentist…are you sure about that? Why?
- When you graduate and are looking for an associate’s position, what is the most important thing you would look for in the dentist that hires you?
- Why not medical school?
- Do you want to specialize?
- What are some qualities that make a good dentist?
- What is the most important consideration when choosing a dental school?
- Do you think you will like PBL?
- Are you academically prepared for our rigorous curriculum?
- Can you draw this for me to show your hand skills?
- Do you feel you have the perceptual skills needed in dentistry? If so why and how have you prepared for it??
- How have you demonstrated manual dexterity?
- Name 2 ethical decisions you’ve had to make.
- If a student was caught cheating, what do you think the consequences should be? He/She had been a good student but because of outside stresses was unable to keep up in his class and didn’t want to fail.
- Give an example of each where you did a morally wrong action and a morally right action.
- If you have a patient that comes in and doesn’t like your work, is upset and gives you a hard time, what do you do?
- What is an ethical situation that you have been faced with?
- What leadership roles have you taken in your volunteer work/extracurricular activities?
- What are some examples of your leadership experience in the last few years?
Dentistry Interview Hot Topics & Interview Techniques
Click Here (Available to Dentistry MMI Question Bank subscribers)
MMI Question Bank
200+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
Dental School Interview Questions
Free Past Dental School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. The Leading MMI Interview Preparation Course, Taught By Interview Specialists.