Bancroft's 11+ Interview Questions
Eleven-Plus Preparation Specialists
Overall Guide to Bancroft's
Bancroft’s, located in Woodford Green, is a prestigious day school known for its commitment to holistic development and academic excellence. Its rich heritage of over 275 years seamlessly blends with its forward-thinking approach to education, creating an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, resilience, and moral integrity.
The school follows a robust academic curriculum, with a balanced emphasis on arts, humanities, sciences, and languages. Its facilities are second-to-none, housing state-of-the-art classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, and an expansive library boasting a comprehensive collection of resources.
A distinctive feature of Bancroft’s is its focus on individual student growth. The teaching staff, composed of dedicated professionals, are passionate about unlocking each child’s potential, empowering them with the skills and knowledge to become lifelong learners. Its impressive track record in exam results and university placements speaks volumes about its rigorous academic environment.
In line with its holistic approach, Bancroft’s offers a wide array of extracurricular activities. From sports clubs, music ensembles, and drama societies, to academic societies and community service opportunities, Bancroft’s nurtures the passions of its students, encouraging them to explore and excel in various spheres.
Bancroft’s also holds a deep-rooted commitment to developing a strong sense of community among its students. Its house system promotes camaraderie, friendly competition, and mutual respect. Additionally, the pastoral care provided is exemplary, ensuring that each student feels supported and valued.
The ethos of Bancroft’s – balance, ambition, nurture, challenge, respect, opportunity, friendship, and tenacity – is evident in all aspects of its educational offering.
11+ Interview Question Bank
150+ Interview Questions & Example Answers. Tips from 11+ Interviewers
Interview Practice & Mock Interviews
One to One Support With An 11+ Interview Specialist. Build Confidence & Practice Mock Interviews
11+ Interview Resources & Articles
Past Interview Questions & Example Answers From Leading Grammar & Independent Schools
Bancroft's Ranking & Results
Bancroft’s ranks 22nd amongst UK boarding schools by A Level results, with 93.66% of grades being A or A*.
What is the admission process at Bancroft's?
Entry is at 11+. Bancroft’s runs its own tests, which take place around two weeks before the interviews. There are three papers: an online reasoning test; a short English paper and a short maths test.Only pupils that do well in the tests are invited to interview.
11+ Interview Services
Tailor and optimise your child’s 11+ Interview Preparation with our 1-1 Eleven-Plus Preparation Specialists or prepare in your own time with our 11+ Online Interview Question Bank
What kind of 11+ Interview questions are asked at Bancroft's?
English Knowledge and Ability
- Can you tell me about a book you’ve read recently that you enjoyed? Why did you enjoy it?
How would you go about identifying the main idea in a paragraph?
- What’s your approach to learning new vocabulary words?
- Can you create a sentence using a metaphor?
- How do you tackle a piece of text when you have to comprehend and analyse it?
- What type of writing do you enjoy the most? Is it stories, essays, or poems?
- Can you explain what an adjective is and give me an example?
- How do you go about preparing for an English assignment or project?
- Who is your favourite author and why?
- How do you solve problems that you find challenging in maths?
- Can you describe a time when you used maths outside of school?
- What is your favourite topic in maths and why?
How would you explain the concept of geometry to a friend?
- How do you check your work in maths to make sure it’s correct?
- Can you provide an example of a real-world situation where division would be used?
- Can you explain how you would solve a multiplication problem?
- What strategies do you use to remember your times tables?
- What is your favourite subject at school and why?
- Can you describe a project or assignment that you are particularly proud of?
- Is there a subject you find challenging? How do you manage it?
- Can you tell me about a teacher who has significantly influenced your learning?
What is a lesson or topic you learned recently that you found particularly interesting?
- How do you contribute to group assignments or projects in your favourite subject?
- If you were a teacher for your favourite subject, what kind of assignment would you give the students?
- Can you share an interesting fact you’ve learned in your favourite subject?
- How do you manage your homework and assignments for different subjects?
Hobbies and Interests
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Can you tell me about a hobby or interest that you are particularly passionate about?
- How did you get interested in this hobby?
- What have you learned from pursuing this interest or hobby?
- Can you describe a time when you faced a challenge in your hobby and how you overcame it?
Private 11+ Tuition
Articles & Resources