All Saints University Interview Questions
All Saints University Overview
All Saints University School of Medicine is nestled in the heart of Roseau, the capital city of Dominica. The university’s mission is to create the next generation of physicians who are dedicated not only to their craft but also to improving the communities they serve. Beyond the core medical curriculum, All Saints emphasises the importance of holistic patient care, combining a rigorous biomedical science programme with hands-on patient interaction to equip its students with the skills required to succeed in today’s diverse medical landscape.
The university provides a comprehensive Medical Doctor Degree Program that typically spans over 4 years for students who have already completed their pre-medical coursework. The programme is divided into preclinical sciences (completed in Dominica) and clinical rotations (completed in affiliated hospitals in the US, Canada, or UK), preparing students for the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 examinations.
All Saints University Tuition Fees
All Saints University offers an affordable medical school option compared to many North American schools. The tuition for the MD program is approximately $6,000 to $8,000 per semester, depending on the year of study. However, prospective students are encouraged to confirm the current fee structure from the university’s official website or admission office, as fees may change.
Medical Interview Question Bank
500+ Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits
CASPer Online Course
Succeed in the CASPer exam used by Caribbean and US Medical Schools.
Medical Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback. Taught By Medical School Interview Specialists.
All Saints University Interview Format
The interview process at All Saints University is designed to assess both your academic abilities and your personal characteristics. The interview panel will be interested in understanding why you want to study medicine and why you have chosen All Saints University. They will also want to know about any relevant medical work experience or volunteering you may have done, and how these experiences have shaped your understanding of the medical profession.
The format of the interview may vary, but generally, you can expect a semi-structured interview with questions designed to assess your understanding of ethics, your knowledge of healthcare issues, your problem-solving skills, and your motivation to study medicine. All Saints University also values qualities such as resilience, empathy, and good communication, so you may be asked questions that allow you to demonstrate these.
You may be interviewed by one or more individuals, which can include faculty members, doctors, medical students, or members of the administrative staff. In some cases, the interview may take place online, particularly if you are applying from abroad.
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with past interview questions & model answers.
Example Interview Questions
Personal Motivation and Understanding of the Profession
- Why did you choose to apply to All Saints University?
- Can you describe a personal experience that solidified your desire to become a doctor?
- How do you envision your career as a physician?
- What do you think will be your greatest challenge in completing medical school?
- What is your understanding of a physician’s role in the community?
Work Experience and Extracurricular Activities
- Can you discuss a memorable moment from your clinical or volunteering experience?
- How did your work experiences prepare you for a medical career?
- Describe any leadership roles you have undertaken and the skills you learned from them.
- How do you balance your academic and personal life?
Ethics and Empathy
- How would you handle telling a patient they have a terminal illness?
- What are your thoughts on euthanasia or assisted suicide?
- Can you discuss a medical ethical dilemma that you have come across recently?
- How do you manage stress and maintain empathy in difficult situations?
Medical Knowledge and Problem-Solving
- What do you think are some of the most significant challenges facing healthcare today?
- How do you approach problem-solving when confronted with a challenging situation?
- How would you handle a situation where a patient refuses treatment?
- Can you explain the concept of “evidence-based medicine” and its importance?
Understanding of the University and Curriculum
- What aspects of All Saints University’s curriculum appeal to you?
- How do you feel about studying the preclinical sciences in Dominica and completing clinical rotations abroad?
- How will you contribute to our diverse and inclusive community?
- Can you explain a complex scientific concept in simple, layman’s terms?
- How would you handle a disagreement with a fellow team member in a professional setting?
- Can you share an experience where you had to use your communication skills to resolve a conflict?
Resilience and Adaptability
- Can you describe a time when you faced failure? How did you handle it and what did you learn?
- How do you deal with criticism?
- What strategies do you employ to adapt to new situations or environments?
- Can you share an instance where you had to make a tough decision?