100+ Physician Associate Interview Questions
Advice & Insight From PA Application Specialists
Insight and Motivation
- What is the role of a Physician Associate?
- How does a PA differ from a Nurse Practitioner?
- How long has the role of PA been established?
- Why are you interested in becoming a PA rather than an NP?
- Why are you interested in becoming a PA rather than a doctor?
- Can a PA work alone (independent of a physician)?
- What do you think a typical day looks like?
- What can you tell us about the history of the NHS?
- How is the NHS run today?
- What are the 6Cs? (Originally used in Nursing, they have since been adopted by the NHS as a whole.)
- Talk us through your personal statement.
- What area of care are you interested in working in as a PA?
- Tell us about some current healthcare issues in the news.
- What does the term consent mean?
- What does the term capacity mean?
- What are some of the most pressing challenges currently facing the NHS?
- Tell us about COVID-19.
- What are some of the biggest challenges to global healthcare at the moment?
- Has technology changed healthcare?
- What do you think healthcare will look like in 50 years?
- What body is responsible for regulating physician associates?
- What do you know about the GMC?
- Talk to me about your work experience.
- Do you think that your work experience has been a fair reflection of what it is like being a PA?
- Were you impressed by the healthcare professionals that you shadowed?
- Tell me about something that surprised you during your work experience.
- Tell me about something that impressed you during your work experience?
- What challenging situations have you seen during your work experience?
- Tell me about a charity role that you took on.
- Tell me about the importance of volunteering.
- Tell me how you found a wide range of work experience.
- Why do you think that an experience of caring roles is crucial to working as a PA?
- Define the term empathy.
- Explain the difference between empathy and sympathy.
- Tell me about a time when you showed empathy.
- What mentoring roles have you had?
- Why is empathy important?
- How would you deal with an aggressive and verbally abusive patient?
Teamwork & Communication
- Tell us about a team that you played for.
- Do you work well in a team?
- Why is teamwork so important to working as a PA?
- What kind of team do physician associates work in?
- Tell us about your leadership ability.
- Tell us about a team or group activity that you organised.
- Tell me about a time that you failed as a team.
- Tell me about a time that you succeeded as a team.
- What patients might be the toughest to communicate with?
- Tell me how you would discuss a challenging topic with a patient.
Optimise Your Interview Performance
Learn the best interview strategies and practice with interview questions & model answers.
- Tell me about a time you overcame adversity.
- How will you adapt to the pressure of working here?
- How will you adapt to the pressure of working as a PA?
- How do you relax?
- Is it right for healthcare workers to strike?
- What is more important, quality of life or length of life?
- Should the NHS offer treatment for self-inflicted problems?
- Is it right for parents to smoke in front of their children?
- Is the government’s drug policy working?
- What is your stance on euthanasia?
- Imagine you discover your supervisor drunk at work. What do you do?
- Imagine another student encouraged you to cheat. What would you do?
- What would you do if one of the doctors in your team shirked their responsibilities repeatedly, leaving them to you instead?
- What would you say to a sexist patient?
- What would you do if a doctor was repeatedly rude and condescending to you?
- Should the NHS be privatised or otherwise altered?
- What would you do if you caught a friend looking at confidential patient’s notes?
- What would you do if you found two colleagues arguing over the correct treatment plan for a patient in front of them?
- What do you think is unique about this course?
- Why are you interested in studying at this university?
- What do you think you will bring to our university?
- Do you think that our course fits your learning style?
- What do you think of this city?
- How does your choice of A Level subjects suit our course?
- How will you deal with the amount of independent studying on the course?
- What attracts you about the range of placements and hospitals?
- What differentiated our course from others that you were looking at?
- How will you handle the stress of having both faraway placements and a heavy workload?
- Tell me your five greatest strengths.
- What would you like your impact to be in this field?
- How would your friends describe you?
- How do you manage your time?
- How do you organise yourself?
- Tell me your greatest ambition.
- Tell me your five greatest weaknesses.
- How would you like to be remembered in this field?