100+ Nursing University Interview Questions
Advice & Insight From Nursing Interview Specialists
- Talk us through your personal statement.
- Why do you want to be a nurse?
- Why do you want to be a nurse rather than a doctor?
- When did you first think about becoming a nurse?
- When did you first gain insight or experience into the role of a nurse?
- What area of nursing interests you most?
- Why have you chosen this type of nursing?
- What are you most looking forward to about becoming a nurse?
- What do you think will be the most challenging parts of being a nurse?
- What personal attributes does a good nurse need?
- What are the 6Cs of nursing?
- What is the role of the Nursing and Midwifery Council?
- How do the roles of Adult Nurses and Children’s Nurses differ?
- In what environments does Nursing take place?
- What do you think a ‘standard’ day might entail for a nurse?
- Tell us about some current healthcare issues in the news.
- What do you know about the term confidentiality?
- What do you know about the term consent?
- Are you interested in research?
- How do you think the role of a nurse has changed in the last 50 years?
- How do you think nursing will change in the next 20 years?
- What is the Royal College of Nursing?
- What new technology are you aware of in healthcare?
- What challenges does the NHS currently face?
- What can you tell us about COVID-19?
- What are the most important challenges to global health currently?
- What do you know about the history of nursing?
- What do you know about the progression through the career of nursing?
- What work experience have you done?
- How did you organise your work experience?
- What surprised you most during your work experience?
- Do you think that your work experience was a good reflection of the practice of Nursing in general?
- What kind of caring work have you undertaken?
- What could the nurses that you shadowed have done better?
- Why do you think that we require a range of work experience in our students?
- What impressed you about the nurses that you shadowed?
- Tell us about one challenging situation that you encountered during your work experience.
- Have you taken on any volunteering or charity roles?
- How did you try to undertake a range of different work experience?
- Tell us about a team that you were part of.
- Do you work better in a team or independently?
- Why is teamwork so important to Nursing?
- Why is communication so important to Nursing?
- What kind of team do nurses work in?
- Are you a good leader?
- Tell us about a time when your communication skills were essential to your success or the success of your team.
- Tell us about a team or group activity that you organised.
- Tell us about a time that your team failed, and what you learnt from the experience.
- Tell us about a time that your team succeeded, and what you learnt from this.
- What patients might be the toughest to communicate with?
- How might you discuss a challenging topic with a patient?
- What does the word empathy mean to you?
- What is the difference between empathy and sympathy?
- Should you feel for your patients?
- Tell us about a time that you showed empathy.
- Have you had a mentoring or pastoral role at school?
- Imagine that one of your friends at university is going to drop out as they are struggling with the workload. What might you say to them, and what questions might you ask them to see if you can help?
- Why is empathy so important for nurses?
- Imagine that one of your patients has become agitated and distressed. They believe that their medication is causing their state to worsen. How might you speak to them?
- What do you think the term resilience means?
- Tell us about a challenge or struggle that you have faced.
- How will you deal with the pressures of studying here?
- How will you deal with the pressure of working as a nurse?
- What do you do to take your mind of stress?
- Why is nursing so tough?
- How would you deal with the death of a patient?
- Should nurses be able to go on strike?
- Should parents be able to smoke in front of their children?
- Should we prioritise length of life or quality of life?
- Should the NHS offer treatment for self-inflicted problems?
- Should we legalise recreational drugs?
- Should euthanasia be legal?
- What would you do if you discovered that your supervisor was drunk at work?
- What would you do if you were encouraged to cheat by another student?
- Should one’s religious beliefs affect the care that one provides as a nurse?
- What would you do if a patient was highly verbally aggressive?
- What would you do if a patient asked to only be treated by men?
- What would you do if a doctor was repeatedly rude and condescending to you?
- What would you do if you caught two nurses arguing in front of a patient?
- Should the NHS be privatised or otherwise altered?
- What would you do if you caught a friend looking at confidential patient’s notes?
- Should healthcare workers be better paid?
- Why are you interested in studying at this university?
- What can you bring to the university?
- Do you think that our course fits your learning style?
- What attracts you about the city?
- What do you think is unique about this course?
- What attracts you about the range of placements and hospitals?
- What differentiated our course from others that you were looking at?
- How does your choice of A Level subjects suit our course?
- How will you deal with the amount of independent studying on the course?
- How will you deal with placements away from university?
- How will you handle the mixture of academic workload and practical placements?
- What are your biggest strengths?
- What are your greatest weaknesses?
- How would your friends describe you?
- How would you want to be remembered?
- What would you like your impact to be on the field of Nursing?
- Are you confident with strangers?
- Are you good at managing your time?
- Are you organised?
- What ambitions do you have?
Children’s Nursing Questions and Answers
How to Prepare for Nursing Interviews
Nursing Interviews The Complete Guide
Nursing School Requirements
Nursing University Interview Numeracy Test 1
Nursing University Interview Numeracy Test 2
Nursing University Interview Tips
The Best Nursing Universities in London
University Nursing Selection Day Tests
100+ Nursing University Interview Questions
Nursing University Interviews: Common Errors & Pitfalls
MMI Question Bank
200+ Interview Questions, Model Answers with Expert Techniques & Simulated Interview Circuits.
Past Interview Questions
Free Past Nursing School Interview Questions & University Specific Techniques For 20+ Nursing Schools.
MMI Interview Courses
20+ Interview Stations & Expert Feedback, Taught By University Interviewers & Interview Specialists.